* A success installing Dataplot using Cygwin, thanks to this list
       [not found] <401240658.4426670.1499874529566.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-07-12 15:48 ` Ian Lambert via cygwin
From: Ian Lambert via cygwin @ 2017-07-12 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Question: Would this software be a candidate for a Cygwin package?

Disclaimer: My testing has been minimal so far, but the X GUI and command
line versions seem to work OK.

"Dataplot® is a free, public-domain, multi-platform (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows XP/VISTA/7/8/10) software system for scientific visualization, statistical analysis, and non-linear modeling."

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/

It is associated with the NIST/SEMATECH Engineering Statistics Handbook:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/handbook.htm

It is available for Linux/Unix, Windows and Mac, and Cygwin is said to be supported/tested:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/ftp/unix/homepage.htm

At first it wouldn't build for me.
Installing additional development libraries/packages were needed for the following:

gd png freetype X11 termcap

Then everything in the linux build script worked, except it gave:

ld: cannot find -ltermcap

Based on https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-07/msg00389.html ,
the following change was made (and reported to the developer for a fix):

$ diff build_linux_gfortran.bash-bkup build_linux_gfortran.bash
196c196,197
<   LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap"
---
> # LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap"    change per cygwin mailing list, 2010-07
>   LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -lncurses"

So, thanks to the list!

* Re: A success installing Dataplot using Cygwin, thanks to this list
@ 2017-07-14 20:59   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2017-07-14 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/07/17 16:48, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
> Question: Would this software be a candidate for a Cygwin package?
>
> "Dataplot® is a free, public-domain, multi-platform (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows XP/VISTA/7/8/10) software system for scientific visualization, statistical analysis, and non-linear modeling."

Possibly. Dataplot isn't present in any of the major Linux distros, so
it would need votes. But if there was sufficient interest from the
Cygwin community (and you were prepared to maintain it) then it could be
added.

Dave.

* Re: A success installing Dataplot using Cygwin, thanks to this list
@ 2017-07-14 21:00     ` Michael Stellar
From: Michael Stellar @ 2017-07-14 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The client editor is still compiled not full source code right? I
meant on premise 399$. And also from the discord a user mentioned that
AGIS source code is not really full, so i cannot buy full source code
for the server?.

@ 2017-07-15  6:56       ` Michael Stellar
From: Michael Stellar @ 2017-07-15  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin