* Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?
@ 2020-11-19 10:54 Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2020-11-19 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Following up to a recent request about Windows/Sysnative,
I'd like to suggest to make Windows virtual folders visible in the
cygwin file system (if possible without continuous performance penalty...).
Thomas

* Re: Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?
@ 2020-11-19 16:14 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2020-11-19 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Wolff, cygwin

Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

> Following up to a recent request about Windows/Sysnative,
> I'd like to suggest to make Windows virtual folders visible in the
> cygwin file system (if possible without continuous performance penalty...).

There's one too many virtual folders, starting from %SystemRoot%\Sysnative and
onward to control panel and other less-than-filesystem directories.

Which of these you had in mind specifically?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Virtual Windows folders - make them visible?
@ 2020-11-19 16:39   ` Biswapriyo Nath
From: Biswapriyo Nath @ 2020-11-19 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

One query. I can do `cd /c/Windows/Sysnative` in x86 cygwin. What's
the point of having a virtual folder?