* Cygwin testing coverage with MSFT NFSv3?
@ 2023-08-21  5:21 Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2023-08-21  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good morning!

Is Cygwin tested with NFSv3 shares on a regular basis, maybe CI? For
example install Cygwin, then build all Cygwin software packages on a
NFS share, instead of NTFS?

Also, is there a script to checkout the sources of Cygwin software
packages, and then build the software packages? (Cygwin software
packages, not Cygwin itself!!)

I am asking, because nasty bugs (at least 1, /usr/bin/mkfifo does not
work on NFS share) have crept in. And I do not want to see those bugs
again, even if I have to set up CI for each single Cygwin commit
myself - i.e. grab commit, build Cygwin, install it, mount NFS share,
build all software on that NFS share.

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blancher@gmail.com>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-08-21  5:23 UTC | newest]