* How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-02-27 14:41 Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2024-02-27 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good afternoon!

How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
Is it possible to add an option to ls -l to list the user/group SIDs too?

Ced
--
Cedric Blancher <cedric.blancher@gmail.com>
[https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CedricBlancher/]

* Re: How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-02-27 15:05 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2024-02-27 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Feb 27 15:41, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> Good afternoon!
>
> How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
> Is it possible to add an option to ls -l to list the user/group SIDs too?

No, but you can use Cygwin tools:

 getent -w group $(ls -gn foo | awk '{print $3}') | awk -F: '{print $4}'

Corinna

* Re: How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-02-27 22:26 ` Bill Stewart
From: Bill Stewart @ 2024-02-27 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 7:42 AM Cedric Blancher wrote:

How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an
> option)?

Why is PowerShell not an option?

(I ask because PowerShell has been a built-in part of the Windows since
Windows 7--that's over 14 years ago as I write this.)

Bill

* Re: How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-02-29 14:38   ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2024-02-29 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Stewart, cygwin

Greetings, Bill Stewart!

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 7:42 AM Cedric Blancher wrote:

> How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an
>> option)?
>>

> Why is PowerShell not an option?

> (I ask because PowerShell has been a built-in part of the Windows since
> Windows 7--that's over 14 years ago as I write this.)

Since Windows XP.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-02-29 20:54     ` Bill Stewart
From: Bill Stewart @ 2024-02-29 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 7:50 AM Andrey Repin wrote:

> (I ask because PowerShell has been a built-in part of the Windows since
> > Windows 7--that's over 14 years ago as I write this.)
>
> Since Windows XP.

You must not be remembering correctly. PowerShell wasn't a built-in part of
Windows until Windows 7.

https://serverfault.com/questions/615275/

Bill

* Re: How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
@ 2024-03-04  7:04   ` Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2024-03-04  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 at 16:07, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Feb 27 15:41, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote:
> > Good afternoon!
> >
> > How can I get the group SID for a file in cmd.exe (powershell is not an option)?
> > Is it possible to add an option to ls -l to list the user/group SIDs too?
>
> No, but you can use Cygwin tools:
>
>  getent -w group $(ls -gn foo | awk '{print $3}') | awk -F: '{print $4}'

I need the exact Windows SID strings, without intermediate
translation. It's for a test suite written in cmd.exe (whoever had
that idea, but I do not have the resources to rewrite it).

Ced
--

@ 2024-03-04  7:05   ` Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2024-03-04  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)