* pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)
@ 2019-01-13 21:43 Biofysikos Biologos
From: Biofysikos Biologos @ 2019-01-13 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

The situation is as follows:

I have installed pyqt for qt5 on my cygwin platform using the following command.

apt-cyg install python-pyqt5

I have also installed Qt Designer using (FYI: I also installed the x-server)

apt-cyg install qt5-devel-tools

I have found the location of the widget plugins using:

$ qtdiag-qt5 | grep Plugins
  PluginsPath: /usr/lib/qt5/plugins

and the plugins for qt-designer are found in

/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer

To check that the plugins work I have installed some dll's inside the
above folder and they do show up in the widget palette of Qt Designer.

Moreover I have installed cygpyqt5.dll which does not seem to work as
it is supposed to check inside /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer/python

for pyqt widget plugins and add them to the widget palette. I DO have
a few pyqt plugins inside the folder but cygpyqt5.dll does not find
them.

I am using python 2.7 and qt 5.9.4

Have in mind that I have tried it on my Mac and it works, but it does
not work on cygwin. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Biofysikos

* Re: pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)
@ 2019-01-13 21:58 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-01-13 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 13.01.2019 um 13:42 schrieb Biofysikos Biologos:
> Hello,
>
> The situation is as follows:
>
> I have installed pyqt for qt5 on my cygwin platform using the following command.
>
> apt-cyg install python-pyqt5
>
> I have also installed Qt Designer using (FYI: I also installed the x-server)
>
> apt-cyg install qt5-devel-tools
>
> I have found the location of the widget plugins using:
>
> $ qtdiag-qt5 | grep Plugins
>    PluginsPath: /usr/lib/qt5/plugins
>
> and the plugins for qt-designer are found in
>
> /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer
>
> To check that the plugins work I have installed some dll's inside the
> above folder and they do show up in the widget palette of Qt Designer.
>
> Moreover I have installed cygpyqt5.dll which does not seem to work as
> it is supposed to check inside /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer/python
>
> for pyqt widget plugins and add them to the widget palette. I DO have
> a few pyqt plugins inside the folder but cygpyqt5.dll does not find
> them.
>
> I am using python 2.7 and qt 5.9.4
>
> Have in mind that I have tried it on my Mac and it works, but it does
> not work on cygwin. Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Biofysikos

the cygwin packages is 5.9.2-1 version

https://cygwin.com/packages/x86_64/python2-pyqt5/

so how you installed 5.9.4 ?

---

* Re: pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)
@ 2019-01-14 10:55   ` Biofysikos Biologos
From: Biofysikos Biologos @ 2019-01-14 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

yes. it says so when I run qtdiag-qt5:

$ qtdiag-qt5
Qt 5.9.4 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by
GCC 6.4.0) on "xcb"
OS: CYGWIN_NT-10.0 2.11.2(0.329/5/3) [cygwin_nt-10.0 version 2.11.2(0.329/5/3)]

Architecture: x86_64; features: SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 RTM HLE

@ 2019-01-14 11:00   ` Biofysikos Biologos
From: Biofysikos Biologos @ 2019-01-14 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

5.9.4 is the version of package libQt5Core5

$ apt-cyg show libQt5Core5

@ 2019-01-14 12:12     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-01-14 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 14.01.2019 um 03:00 schrieb Biofysikos Biologos:
> 5.9.4 is the version of package libQt5Core5
>
> $ apt-cyg show libQt5Core5

bottom post and trim on this mailing list.

How you are using QtDesigner ? Do you have a simple test case ?

Marco

---

* Re: pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)
@ 2019-01-14 14:33       ` Biofysikos Biologos
From: Biofysikos Biologos @ 2019-01-14 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I use /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer/python/ledplugin.py as a test case

which I found here
https://www.ics.com/blog/integrating-python-based-custom-widget-qt-designer

ledplugin.py is for python3 but one can replace the first line with
#!/usr/bin/exec python

Then, I launch designer-qt5 which a soft link of the file
/usr/lib/qt5/bin/designer.exe
but nothing shows up on the widget palette.

@ 2019-07-02 14:21       ` Biofysikos Biologos
From: Biofysikos Biologos @ 2019-07-02 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Marco,

It has been almost 6 months since the day this issue was reported. Any
news or progress being made?

Thank you,
Biofysikos