* umask not honored?
@ 2016-01-22  7:13 K Stahl
From: K Stahl @ 2016-01-22  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Created a new directory in my home directory with the following: mkdir test
created an empty file in this directory with: touch test/empty

When I list the contents of this path I get the following:
$ ls -Al test
total 0
--w-rw----+ 1 kdstah GROUP_CHANGED 0 Jan 21 16:35 empty

My umask is set to 0022
My home directory has the following permissions: 750 (use ssh)

/etc/fstab is configured with:
none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

If I create the same file within any existing directory, the umask is honored.

Any thoughts?

* Re: umask not honored?
@ 2016-01-22 18:39 ` K Stahl
From: K Stahl @ 2016-01-22 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Discovered the cause of the issue.
Somehow, the Win7 permission on my home directory were all messed up.
Move my home directory out of the way.
Restarted cygwin and let it create the initial directory.
Moved my files back in and everything seems to work as expected.