* Cygwin 1.7
@ 2016-01-19 18:27 Agyeman, Stephen O DLA CTR Information Operations
From: Agyeman, Stephen O DLA CTR Information Operations @ 2016-01-19 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good morning,

I hope all is well with you.  May you please send me the software for Cygwin 1.7 and or send me the link to download it as I do not see in on Cygwin's main site anymore.  Thanks much in advance.

Stephen Opoku Agyeman
Oracle Database Administrator (OCP)
Defense Logistics Agency (J6)
Stephen.agyeman.ctr@dla.mil
(717)-770-2811

* Re: Cygwin 1.7
@ 2016-01-19 19:09 ` Mike DePaulo
From: Mike DePaulo @ 2016-01-19 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stephen,
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Agyeman, Stephen O DLA CTR
Information Operations <Stephen.Agyeman.ctr@dla.mil> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I hope all is well with you.  May you please send me the software for Cygwin 1.7 and or send me the link to download it as I do not see in on Cygwin's main site anymore.  Thanks much in advance.
[...]

Cygwin is both a DLL (versioned like "1.7") and a distribution of
packages, which each have their own versions.

And Cygwin, like some Linux distros, is effectively "rolling release."

If you wish to download the old DLL + the old packages, you can obtain
them both with the "Cygwin time machine."
http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/#cygwintimemachine

Note that you cannot install current packages on top of the 1.7 DLL.
They will fail to launch. The DLL must be from the same timeframe, or
newer, than the packages.

However, many packages from the 1.7 era will have unpatched vulnerabilities.

-Mike

* Re: Cygwin 1.7
@ 2008-12-12 21:32 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-12-12 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

terry.koontz@tsc.com wrote:
> I installed Cygwin 1.7.
>
> I've had a problem with Windows Vista and Cygwin 1.5 and was hoping the
> new Cygwin would correct the problem.
>
> I get the following error when I try to run some software that was
> developed in house and that uses gcc.
>
> fatal error - MapViewOfFileEx Win32 error 487.
>
> FYI - I can email more info.

That would be good.  Here are the guidelines:

But since error 487 is the symptom of a couple of common issues, let me
offer the solutions:

  1. You have DLL base address loading collisions.  Install the 'rebase'
     package, read the readme in '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin', and follow the
     instructions for running 'rebaseall'.

  2. <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>

Holliston, MA 01746

* Cygwin 1.7