* have cygwin setup.exe signed and/or in the MS store
@ 2023-04-12  1:30 Philippe Cerfon
From: Philippe Cerfon @ 2023-04-12  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey there.

I know you provide OpenPGP signatures for verification (which is good,
and should be kept), but would it perhaps make sense to have setup.exe
signed (in the sense of: by some MS trusted certificate) and/or in the
MS store (though I guess that might not be possible with their
policy)?

Regards,
Philippe.

* Re: have cygwin setup.exe signed and/or in the MS store
@ 2023-04-12 13:21 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2023-04-12 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe Cerfon, cygwin

Greetings, Philippe Cerfon!

> Hey there.

> I know you provide OpenPGP signatures for verification (which is good,
> and should be kept), but would it perhaps make sense to have setup.exe
> signed (in the sense of: by some MS trusted certificate) and/or in the
> MS store (though I guess that might not be possible with their
> policy)?

msgid:CAMU-TAuPF3DZPYe3xJ0F_GyrChZPRXjXbYAfD6tt9mY+a7j8kQ@mail.gmail.com
msgid:CAGZiy71hduc-LZvLvqXWNzYpN7foKrvobVP5q3S=KeagukQAsg@mail.gmail.com

And earlier mails on the subject.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: have cygwin setup.exe signed and/or in the MS store
@ 2023-04-13  0:00   ` Philippe Cerfon
From: Philippe Cerfon @ 2023-04-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:
> msgid:CAMU-TAuPF3DZPYe3xJ0F_GyrChZPRXjXbYAfD6tt9mY+a7j8kQ@mail.gmail.com

I assume nothing came out of the SFC member thingy discussed back then
in that thread?

> And earlier mails on the subject.

Perhaps this would be an item for the FAQ ;-)

@ 2023-05-16 20:59     ` Philippe Cerfon
From: Philippe Cerfon @ 2023-05-16 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey there.

Now that sourceware seems to be under he SFC umbrella, I assume Cygwin
is so as well?

If so, could it perhaps be reconsidered, whether funding (from SFC)
can be found for buying some signing certs for setup.exe?

Regards,
Philippe.