* Fossil 1.30 [Was: Group execute permission regression (??): causing problem in fossil.]
@ 2015-02-09 10:10 Jan Nijtmans
From: Jan Nijtmans @ 2015-02-09 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> No worries.  I guess I should revamp the FAQ to add a more generic
>
>   Why do my files have certain group permissions and chmod doesn't help?
>
> entry.  I just didn't expect that this change would create problems with
> other tools than ssh or rlogin :|

A fix for this has been committed in upstream fossil now, pity that it just
missed fossil 1.30. This brings me to the following:

Latest Cygwin-packaged fossil is version 1.29, while fossil 1.30 came out
3 weeks ago. I could prepare a patch for 1.30, if desired. Since 1.29 has
the same problem, I would like to find a new 1.30 version with this fix
to be available soon.

Regards,
       Jan Nijtmans

* Re: Fossil 1.30 [Was: Group execute permission regression (??): causing problem in fossil.]
@ 2015-02-09 13:43 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-09 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Feb  9 11:10, Jan Nijtmans wrote:
> > No worries.  I guess I should revamp the FAQ to add a more generic
> >
> >   Why do my files have certain group permissions and chmod doesn't help?
> >
> > entry.  I just didn't expect that this change would create problems with
> > other tools than ssh or rlogin :|
>
> A fix for this has been committed in upstream fossil now, pity that it just
> missed fossil 1.30. This brings me to the following:
>
> Latest Cygwin-packaged fossil is version 1.29, while fossil 1.30 came out
> 3 weeks ago. I could prepare a patch for 1.30, if desired. Since 1.29 has
> the same problem, I would like to find a new 1.30 version with this fix
> to be available soon.

Let's ask the maintainer.  Jari, ping?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Fossil 1.30 [Was: Group execute permission regression (??): causing problem in fossil.]
@ 2015-02-09 23:12   ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2015-02-09 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:
| On Feb  9 11:10, Jan Nijtmans wrote:

| > > No worries.  I guess I should revamp the FAQ to add a more generic
| > >
| > >   Why do my files have certain group permissions and chmod doesn't help?
| > >
| > > entry.  I just didn't expect that this change would create problems with
| > > other tools than ssh or rlogin :|

| > A fix for this has been committed in upstream fossil now, pity that it just
| > missed fossil 1.30. This brings me to the following:
| >
| > Latest Cygwin-packaged fossil is version 1.29, while fossil 1.30 came out
| > 3 weeks ago. I could prepare a patch for 1.30, if desired. Since 1.29 has
| > the same problem, I would like to find a new 1.30 version with this fix
| > to be available soon.

Uploading new 1.31 in couple of days with fix included.

Thanks Corinna for the CC,
Jari

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 948 bytes --]

* Re: Fossil 1.30 [Was: Group execute permission regression (??): causing problem in fossil.]
@ 2015-02-10  9:30     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-10  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Jari,

On Feb 10 01:11, Jari Aalto wrote:
> <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:

> | > > other tools than ssh or rlogin :|
> | >
> | > A fix for this has been committed in upstream fossil now, pity that it just
> | > missed fossil 1.30. This brings me to the following:
> | >
> | > Latest Cygwin-packaged fossil is version 1.29, while fossil 1.30 came out
> | > 3 weeks ago. I could prepare a patch for 1.30, if desired. Since 1.29 has
> | > the same problem, I would like to find a new 1.30 version with this fix
> | > to be available soon.
>
> Uploading new 1.31 in couple of days with fix included.
>
> Thanks Corinna for the CC,
> Jari

Would you mind terribly to start converting your build systems to
cygport with this package?  In the long run we're still trying to move
to an automated build system which would profit a lot from using a
unified build method.  If you need help, feel free to discuss on the
cygwinb-apps mailing list.

@ 2015-02-11  9:38       ` Jan Nijtmans
From: Jan Nijtmans @ 2015-02-11  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> On Feb 10 01:11, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> Thanks Corinna for the CC,
>> Jari
>
> Would you mind terribly to start converting your build systems to
> cygport with this package?  In the long run we're still trying to move
> to an automated build system which would profit a lot from using a
> unified build method.  If you need help, feel free to discuss on the
> cygwinb-apps mailing list.

I couldn't resist myself making a start with this. And got it working
(64-bit build only, but same .cygport file will work unmodified
for 32-bit as well).

Jari, feel free to use this as a start, and improve whatever you like!
Any feedback appreciated!

download:
D=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69449580
wget -x -nH --cut-dirs=3 \
 ${D}/fossil/setup.hint \
 ${D}/fossil/fossil-1.30-1.tar.xz \
 ${D}/fossil/fossil-1.30-1-src.tar.xz \
 ${D}/fossil/fossil-debuginfo/setup.hint \
 ${D}/fossil/fossil-debuginfo/fossil-debuginfo-1.30-1.tar.xz

Regards,
       Jan Nijtmans