* Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-09 23:02 Daniel Santos
From: Daniel Santos @ 2017-04-09 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I should probably import this onto my github account.  There doesn't
appear to be an actual repository for expect at the moment.  There are
many terrible coding practices employed, potential use of uninitialized
locals, etc.  I'm going to do some basic cleanup before I dig back into
trying to find the cause of the child processes unexpectedly terminating
(while calling an ioctl to change the terminal windows size), which is
what's causing the broken pipe.

* Re: Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-10  5:37 ` Václav Haisman
From: Václav Haisman @ 2017-04-10  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10 April 2017 at 01:06, Daniel Santos <daniel.santos@pobox.com> wrote:
> I should probably import this onto my github account.  There doesn't appear
> to be an actual repository for expect at the moment.  There are many
> terrible coding practices employed, potential use of uninitialized locals,
> etc.  I'm going to do some basic cleanup before I dig back into trying to
> find the cause of the child processes unexpectedly terminating (while
> calling an ioctl to change the terminal windows size), which is what's
> causing the broken pipe.

What is the exit code of the process? Could it be somehow mishandled SIGWINCH?

--
VH

* Re: Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-10 15:58 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-04-10 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-04-09 17:06, Daniel Santos wrote:
> I should probably import this onto my github account. There doesn't
> appear to be an actual repository for expect at the moment. There are
> many terrible coding practices employed, potential use of
> uninitialized locals, etc. I'm going to do some basic cleanup before
> I dig back into trying to find the cause of the child processes
> unexpectedly terminating (while calling an ioctl to change the
> terminal windows size), which is what's causing the broken pipe.

A Cygwin package is available for expect and the repo is on SF at:
	https://sourceforge.net/p/expect/code/
which gives the CVSROOT:
	:pserver:anonymous@expect.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/expect
and links to:
	http://expect.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/expect/

* Re: Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-10 17:04   ` Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2017-04-10 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Brian Inglis
<Brian.Inglis@systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:
> A Cygwin package is available for expect and the repo is on SF at:
>         https://sourceforge.net/p/expect/code/
> which gives the CVSROOT:
>         :pserver:anonymous@expect.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/expect
> and links to:
>         http://expect.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/expect/

To flog the dead horse a little further,
I posted a question at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.tcl/urQKjUlQ_Sw
asking why expect hadn't been migrated to the new repo area along with
the rest of tcl...
- Dan

* Re: Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-10 18:43     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-04-10 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/04/2017 19:03, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Brian Inglis
> <Brian.Inglis@systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:
>> A Cygwin package is available for expect and the repo is on SF at:
>>         https://sourceforge.net/p/expect/code/
>> which gives the CVSROOT:
>>         :pserver:anonymous@expect.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/expect
>> and links to:
>>         http://expect.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/expect/
>
> To flog the dead horse a little further,
> I posted a question at
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.tcl/urQKjUlQ_Sw
> asking why expect hadn't been migrated to the new repo area along with
> the rest of tcl...
> - Dan

http://wiki.tcl.tk/201

name
     Expect
website
     http://expect.sf.net
website
     http://expect.nist.gov

last file version 5.45.

Regards
Marco

* Re: Maintaining expect (the broken pipe errors)
@ 2017-04-10 18:51       ` Dan Kegel
From: Dan Kegel @ 2017-04-10 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/201
>
> name
>     Expect
> website
>     http://expect.sf.net
> website
>     http://expect.nist.gov

Accurate, but it's still a bit surprising that expect's
source repo is unlike the rest of tcl's
(i.e. expect is still cvs at sf.net with no git mirror, but
rest of tcl is fossil at tcl.tk with read-only git mirror on github),
hence my question to comp.lang.tcl.  Sorry if I'm being a little pedantic.