* i'm a new user for john the ripper tool
@ 2018-05-04  6:05 Nitishreddy Nani
From: Nitishreddy Nani @ 2018-05-04  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

i encountered this error while running the tool john the ripper on  my
laptop

 1 [main] john 10212 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

please help me solving this

* Re: i'm a new user for john the ripper tool
@ 2018-05-04  6:16 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-05-04  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Nitishreddy Nani

On 2018-05-04 00:05, Nitishreddy Nani wrote:
> i encountered this error while running the tool john the ripper on my laptop
> 1 [main] john 10212 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com
> please help me solving this

This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:

	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

and please report the issue to whoever distributes the software that installed
the old Cygwin version.

* Re: i'm a new user for john the ripper tool
@ 2018-05-04  6:18 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-05-04  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, nitishreddynani

On 5/4/2018 8:05 AM, Nitishreddy Nani wrote:
> i encountered this error while running the tool john the ripper on  my
> laptop
>

>   1 [main] john 10212 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>

> please help me solving this

It is not an error it is a Warning.
IF you asked google you will have found

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

PS: There was no need to send two mails to this mailing list.

* Re: i'm a new user for john the ripper tool
@ 2018-05-04  6:21   ` Nitishreddy Nani
From: Nitishreddy Nani @ 2018-05-04  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri; +Cc: cygwin

Thanks, I'll check it out.