* [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-07-28  9:28 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-07-28  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* libboost-devel-1.60.0-1
* libboost_python-devel-1.60.0-1
* libboost_python3-devel-1.60.0-1
* libboost_atomic1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_chrono1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_context1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_container1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_coroutine1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_date_time1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_filesystem1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_graph1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_iostreams1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_locale1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_log1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_math1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_program_options1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_random1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_regex1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_serialization1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_signals1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_system1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_thread1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_timer1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_type_erasure1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_wave1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_python1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_python3_1.60-1.60.0-1
* libboost_test1.60-1.60.0-1
* mingw64-i686-boost-1.60.0-1
* mingw64-x86_64-boost-1.60.0-1

Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. We
emphasize libraries that work well with the C++ Standard Library. Boost
libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a broad
spectrum of applications.

This release includes the latest patchset from Fedora, and also enables the
long double functionality in Boost.Math.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-02 19:39 ` Frédéric Bron
From: Frédéric Bron @ 2016-09-02 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Yaakov,

Could you tell me where I can find the patches applied to boost and
the commands that you use? I would like to compile boost 1.61.0 with
g++-6.[12].0 that I have just compiled. But I get errors when I build
boost and do not known how to fix them.

Thanks,

Frédéric

> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * libboost-devel-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_python-devel-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_python3-devel-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_atomic1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_chrono1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_context1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_container1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_coroutine1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_date_time1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_filesystem1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_graph1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_iostreams1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_locale1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_log1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_math1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_program_options1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_random1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_regex1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_serialization1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_signals1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_system1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_thread1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_timer1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_type_erasure1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_wave1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_python1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_python3_1.60-1.60.0-1
> * libboost_test1.60-1.60.0-1
> * mingw64-i686-boost-1.60.0-1
> * mingw64-x86_64-boost-1.60.0-1
>
> Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. We
> emphasize libraries that work well with the C++ Standard Library. Boost
> libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a broad
> spectrum of applications.
>
> This release includes the latest patchset from Fedora, and also enables the
> long double functionality in Boost.Math.
>
> --
> Yaakov
>
> --

Frédéric Bron

Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron@m4x.org)
Villa des 4 chemins, Centre Hospitalier, BP 208
38506 Voiron Cedex
tél. fixe : +33 4 76 67 17 27, tél. port.: +33 6 67 02 77 35

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-02 22:49   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-09-02 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2016-09-02 14:38, Frédéric Bron wrote:
> Could you tell me where I can find the patches applied to boost and
> the commands that you use? I would like to compile boost 1.61.0 with
> g++-6.[12].0 that I have just compiled. But I get errors when I build
> boost and do not known how to fix them.

Every package has a source package containing the upstream sources,
.cygport file, and patches used to build the binaries.  You can actually
install the source package with the setup installer, in which case they
will be unpacked under /usr/src.

Or, wrt my packages (and that's it atm) the .cygport and patches are
also online:

https://github.com/cygwinports/boost

--

@ 2016-09-03  9:39     ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-03  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 02/09/16 23:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-09-02 14:38, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>> Could you tell me where I can find the patches applied to boost and
>> the commands that you use? I would like to compile boost 1.61.0 with
>> g++-6.[12].0 that I have just compiled. But I get errors when I build
>> boost and do not known how to fix them.
>
> Every package has a source package containing the upstream sources,
> .cygport file, and patches used to build the binaries. You can
> actually install the source package with the setup installer, in which
> case they will be unpacked under /usr/src.
>
> Or, wrt my packages (and that's it atm) the .cygport and patches are
> also online:
>
> https://github.com/cygwinports/boost

Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?

Dave.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-03 14:24       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-09-03 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 03/09/2016 11:39, David Stacey wrote:
> On 02/09/16 23:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-09-02 14:38, Frédéric Bron wrote:
>>> Could you tell me where I can find the patches applied to boost and
>>> the commands that you use? I would like to compile boost 1.61.0 with
>>> g++-6.[12].0 that I have just compiled. But I get errors when I build
>>> boost and do not known how to fix them.
>>
>> Every package has a source package containing the upstream sources,
>> .cygport file, and patches used to build the binaries. You can
>> actually install the source package with the setup installer, in which
>> case they will be unpacked under /usr/src.
>>
>> Or, wrt my packages (and that's it atm) the .cygport and patches are
>> also online:
>>
>> https://github.com/cygwinports/boost
>

> Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?
>
> Dave.

Why ?

We don't have currently a central repository.
Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.

Regards
Marco

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-03 15:38         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-09-03 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sep  3 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 03/09/2016 11:39, David Stacey wrote:
> > On 02/09/16 23:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Every package has a source package containing the upstream sources,
> > > .cygport file, and patches used to build the binaries. You can
> > > actually install the source package with the setup installer, in which
> > > case they will be unpacked under /usr/src.
> > >
> > > Or, wrt my packages (and that's it atm) the .cygport and patches are
> > > also online:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/cygwinports/boost
> >
> > Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?
> >
> > Dave.
>
> Why ?
>
> We don't have currently a central repository.
> Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.

Note the thread starting at
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00056.html,
especially https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00061.html

Bottom line:  You're welcome to use the Cygwin or Cygwinports github
orgs, depending on the project you maintain.  But, this is a free
project, so if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-03 16:26           ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-09-03 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 03/09/2016 17:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?
>>>
>>> Dave.
>>
>> Why ?
>>
>> We don't have currently a central repository.
>> Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.
>
> Note the thread starting at
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00056.html,
> especially https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00061.html

I am aware.

https://github.com/cygwin
is currently just used only for 2 specific cygwin sources
plus the mirror of cygwin lib itself.
So we have not yet a central repository for the
patches and build scripts.

Of course Yaakov's cygwinports contains a large chunk
as he is the maintainer of ~ 70% of all packages.

;-)

> Bottom line:  You're welcome to use the Cygwin or Cygwinports github
> orgs, depending on the project you maintain.  But, this is a free
> project, so if you don't want to, you don't have to.
>

> Corinna

Regards
Marco

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-03 22:43         ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-03 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 03/09/16 15:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 03/09/2016 11:39, David Stacey wrote:
>> On 02/09/16 23:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Or, wrt my packages (and that's it atm) the .cygport and patches are
>>> also online:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/cygwinports/boost
>>
>> Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?
>>

> Why ?
>
> We don't have currently a central repository.

A central repo of cygport files and patches would be one step on the
long road to an automated build system - always assuming that's
something we'd like to move towards.

> Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.

Quite. Mine are in a private svn repo at the moment, but I could switch.

Dave.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-04  9:08     ` Frédéric Bron
From: Frédéric Bron @ 2016-09-04  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Yaakov,

Thanks for your message.

I downloaded your files from cygwinports/boost and tried to apply the
patches to boost 1.60.0 and got errors like this one:

# the first one runs fine:
$ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../cygport/fedora/boost-1.50.0-fix-non-utf8-files.patch
checking file libs/units/example/autoprefixes.cpp

# the second one gives this error:
$ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../cygport/fedora/boost-1.58.0-pool.patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: boost/pool/pool.hpp
|===================================================================
|--- boost/pool/pool.hpp        (revision 78317)
|+++ boost/pool/pool.hpp        (revision 78326)
--------------------------
File to patch:

How do you deal with those errors? Do you just skip patches that do
not work anymore?

Thanks,

Frédéric

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1
@ 2016-09-04  9:23       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-09-04  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 04/09/2016 11:07, Frédéric Bron wrote:
> Hi Yaakov,
>
> Thanks for your message.
>
> I downloaded your files from cygwinports/boost and tried to apply the
> patches to boost 1.60.0 and got errors like this one:
>
> # the first one runs fine:
> $ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../cygport/fedora/boost-1.50.0-fix-non-utf8-files.patch
> checking file libs/units/example/autoprefixes.cpp
>
> # the second one gives this error:
> $ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../cygport/fedora/boost-1.58.0-pool.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 5
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |Index: boost/pool/pool.hpp
> |===================================================================
> |--- boost/pool/pool.hpp        (revision 78317)
> |+++ boost/pool/pool.hpp        (revision 78326)
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>
> How do you deal with those errors? Do you just skip patches that do
> not work anymore?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frédéric

try

   cygport boost.cygport prep

It will prepare the directory and applies all the patches in PATCH_URI
If one of the patch fails the build stops, so I assume all should
apply.

Regards
Marco

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1