* RE: Problem: is it Vim or cygwin/bash setting?
@ 2001-03-30  7:35 Josifovski Ljubomir-BLJ01Z
From: Josifovski Ljubomir-BLJ01Z @ 2001-03-30  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

:help xterm-save-screen

--
Ljubomir Josifovski
mailto:L.Josifovski@dcs.shef.ac.uk
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~ljupco

* Re: Problem: is it Vim or cygwin/bash setting?
@ 2001-03-30  9:04     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-03-30  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 10:37:03AM -0500, rich coco wrote:
> Corinna -
>
> thanks so much for your response. i was hoping that maybe there was a termcap
> edit i could make. i judge from your email that the answer is "no".
>
> when is the next release due? i didn't think there was going to be another
> freeware release?

It was never freeware. It's open source software and will be as long as
it exists.

The next release??? Probably this year.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Problem: is it Vim or cygwin/bash setting?
@ 2001-03-30  7:29   ` rich coco
From: rich coco @ 2001-03-30  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen

Corinna -

thanks so much for your response. i was hoping that maybe there was a termcap
edit i could make. i judge from your email that the answer is "no".

when is the next release due? i didn't think there was going to be another
freeware release?

tx,

- rich

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 02:44:05AM -0500, rich coco wrote:
> > In an older B20 release of cygwin, when i used Vim to edit a file and
> > eventually exited, my window reverted to the state it was in prior to
> > the vim session (ie, the text being editied by vim is no longer
> > visible).
> >
> > I upgraded to the latest cygwin release (i was missing groff,
> > ghostscript, lots more...) and noticed that the above behavior - which i
> >
> > prefer - does not occur. That is, when I quit my Vim session, the text I
> >
> > was editing stays on my screen, clobbering the pre-vim context.
> >
> > i cannot determine if this is a Vim configuration thing or a
> > shell-configuration thing.
> > What can I modify - if anything - to get the behavior i want?
>
> The cygwin console mode currently doesn't support that. I have
> just added that to the CVS repository. It will be available in the
> next version of Cygwin.
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> --

rich.coco@verizon.net

* RE: Problem: is it Vim or cygwin/bash setting?
@ 2001-03-30  7:10 Glen Coakley
From: Glen Coakley @ 2001-03-30  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'rich coco', cygwin

I believe this is a terminal 'thing' but I don't know exactly how to change
it.

For more information:
	man term
	man termcap
etc. there is a terminal 'clear' setting.

________________________________
Glen Coakley, Sr. Software Engineer
MQSoftware Inc., (763) 543-4845
Have you ever wonder what happens when you run "rm -rf / " but been afraid
to try it?

@ 2001-03-30  3:30 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-03-30  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin