* Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-10 21:20 Gery .
From: Gery . @ 2015-03-10 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello all,

Has anyone successfully installed Quanta Plus in cygwin? I downloaded the bz2 source file from sourceforge.net/projects/quanta and tried to install in my cygwin system with no success (CYGWIN_NT-6.3-WOW64 gery 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:03 i686 Cygwin). It would be great some support to get it installed.

Thanks in advance,

Gery

* Re: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-10 21:31 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2015-03-10 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

"Gery ." <gamejihou@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone successfully installed Quanta Plus in cygwin? I downloaded
> the bz2 source file from sourceforge.net/projects/quanta and tried to
> install in my cygwin system with no success (CYGWIN_NT-6.3-WOW64 gery
> 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:03 i686 Cygwin). It would be great
> some support to get it installed.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gery

What errors did you get when you compiled it?  Any?

The first I have happen when I run ./configure is this:

"configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!"

which makes sense, since I don't have KDE on my cygwin/windows machine...

Dave

* Re: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-10 22:59 ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2015-03-10 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/10/2015 5:08 PM, Gery . wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed Quanta Plus in cygwin? I downloaded the bz2 source file from sourceforge.net/projects/quanta and tried to install in my cygwin system with no success (CYGWIN_NT-6.3-WOW64 gery 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:03 i686 Cygwin). It would be great some support to get it installed.

Dear Gery -- When you say "install", you mean "build and install", right?
You realize that cygwin does not run Unix binaries?  (Just checking, since
not all posters to the list seem to realize that ...)

Regards -- Eliot Moss

* RE: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-10 23:06   ` Gery .
From: Gery . @ 2015-03-10 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd, cygwin

Thanks Dave for the reply, I get the same here, is it possible to install KDE? it seems that it is according to this http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.ports.general/1264

Or the problem is that my cygwin is too old to have it?, I found this http://artfiles.org/cygwin.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/kde-workspace/kdebase-startkde/ and I imagine that only newer versions has it already installed.

Gery

> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> From: dboyd2@mmm.com
> Subject: Re: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:20:19 -0400
>
> "Gery ." <gamejihou@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Has anyone successfully installed Quanta Plus in cygwin? I downloaded
>> the bz2 source file from sourceforge.net/projects/quanta and tried to
>> install in my cygwin system with no success (CYGWIN_NT-6.3-WOW64 gery
>> 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:03 i686 Cygwin). It would be great
>> some support to get it installed.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Gery
>>

> What errors did you get when you compiled it? Any?
>
> The first I have happen when I run ./configure is this:
>
> "configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!"
>
> which makes sense, since I don't have KDE on my cygwin/windows machine...
>
> Dave
>

> --
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html

* RE: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-10 23:12   ` Gery .
From: Gery . @ 2015-03-10 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moss, cygwin

Thank you Eliot Moss for your reply also, yeap I meant build and install (ie., configure, make, make install). Well, I have installed source code that runs on linux and unix in (more or less) the same fashion, and they worked on cygwin. Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, so please don't hesitate to give me further details.

All the best,

Gery

@ 2015-03-10 23:22     ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2015-03-10 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/10/2015 6:59 PM, Gery . wrote:
> Thanks Dave for the reply, I get the same here, is it possible to install KDE? it seems that it is according to this http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.ports.general/1264
>
> Or the problem is that my cygwin is too old to have it?, I found this http://artfiles.org/cygwin.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/kde-workspace/kdebase-startkde/ and I imagine that only newer versions has it already installed.

Dear Gery -- kde is not available in cygwin, per se, but can be obtained built for cygwin
from cygports, apparently.

Regards -- Eliot Moss

* RE: Quanta Plus in cygwin?
@ 2015-03-11 10:19       ` Gery .
From: Gery . @ 2015-03-11 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moss, cygwin

I get it now, thanks so much Eliot, I have:

2014/08/13 16:08:13 Starting cygwin install, version 2.850

so, it should work according to: http://cygwinports.org

I will give it a shot, thanks again.

Piensa en el medio ambiente - mantenlo en la pantalla. NO lo imprimas si NO es necesario.
Think green - keep it on the screen. Do NOT print if it is NOT necessary.
Denken Sie an die Umwelt - bewahren Sie es auf dem Bildschirm. Drucken Sie es NICHT, wenn es NICHT notwendig ist.