* RE: Perl modules
@ 2001-08-05 22:50 Neil Lunn
From: Neil Lunn @ 2001-08-05 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Timothy C. Phan', cygwin

No need for them to be pre-built. Get them from CPAN. Have a look at the DBI
mail list archives or these mail archives for any further information.
There'll also probably be a new patch on DBD:ODBC in the next few days.

--Neil.

>  THanks!
>
>---
>tcp
>
>--

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify
the sender immediately. The contents of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies
unless expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.

* RE: Perl modules
@ 2001-08-06  9:03 ` Timothy C. Phan
From: Timothy C. Phan @ 2001-08-06  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Neil,

  Thank for the info.  I did built the DBI and it compiled ok with
  a lot of warning.  I think it also fail a few case of test.

  I also build the DBD::Mysql. This however require a copied of
  the libmysqlclient.a which I also have to build from the
  Mysql distribution.  The original Mysql .dll from it windows/nt
  distribution did not work under the Cygwin environment.

  I just tried out the Cygwin Perl and want to compare it with
  ActiveState Perl.  Has there been any comparison between the
  two?  ActiveState Perl has a very good Perl Package Management
  utility. Thus, this prompted me to ask this group to see if
  such thing existed in Cygwin Perl :)

  BTW, how do I get on the cygwin perl dbi mailing list?

  Thanks!

@ 2001-08-06 22:48   ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-08-06 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy C. Phan; +Cc: cygwin

Am 6 Aug 2001, um 11:01 hat Timothy C. Phan geschrieben:

> Hi Neil,
>
>   Thank for the info.  I did built the DBI and it compiled ok with a
>   lot of warning.  I think it also fail a few case of test.
>
>   I also build the DBD::Mysql. This however require a copied of
>   the libmysqlclient.a which I also have to build from the
>   Mysql distribution.  The original Mysql .dll from it windows/nt
>   distribution did not work under the Cygwin environment.
>
>   I just tried out the Cygwin Perl and want to compare it with
>   ActiveState Perl.  Has there been any comparison between the
>   two?  ActiveState Perl has a very good Perl Package Management
>   utility. Thus, this prompted me to ask this group to see if
>   such thing existed in Cygwin Perl :)
>
>   BTW, how do I get on the cygwin perl dbi mailing list?

Cygwin:
http://www.cygwin.com/lists.html

perl-dbi:
http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=dbi-users

Gerrit

--
=^..^=

* Cygwin Perl and Module  Math::BigInt
@ 2001-08-10 13:41   ` T.Phan
From: T.Phan @ 2001-08-10 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

  I tried to 'make test' on the the Convert:ASN1 and it kept fail at
  place where the Math::BigInt always returns NaN.

  I cut out the segment below and ran it and sure enough, it return
  NaN in Cygwin Perl.  However, the same script return a number in
  ActiveState Perl:

#--------------------------
use strict;
use Math::BigInt;

my $num = Math::BigInt->new(-1 * (1<<24) * (1<<24));

print "$num\n";

exit;

#----- Cygwin perl returns:  NaN

#----- ActiveState perl returns :  -281474976710656

  Any idea how to fix this in Cygwin?  Thank in advance!

---
tcp

* Perl modules
@ 2001-08-05 21:09 Timothy C. Phan