* compiling help
@ 1999-11-20 12:41 Joel Guerrero
From: Joel Guerrero @ 1999-11-20 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I download the x11 libraries, now i want compile an x application.  But
I don't know how to call the include directories and lib dir, so gcc can
fin this incudes files and lib files.
Can anyone help me in this issue?

Thanks,
Joel GUERRERO

* RE: compiling help
@ 1999-11-20 14:32 ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-11-20 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Guerrero, cygwin

If you donot know how to let your gcc and/or make find
the include and lib dirs, then you need to spend some time
on studying, "How to compile a software under Unices."

-I /usr/X11R6/include
-L /usr/X11R6/lib

goes in your Makefiles.

If you are using GNUish configure then
./configure --with-x --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/incldue --x-libraries=/usr/X11R
6/lib

Suhaib

PS: X11 questions should be addressed to cygwin-xfree list

* compiling help
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` Joel Guerrero
From: Joel Guerrero @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-11-30 23:39   ` Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Guerrero, cygwin

If you donot know how to let your gcc and/or make find
the include and lib dirs, then you need to spend some time
on studying, "How to compile a software under Unices."

-I /usr/X11R6/include
-L /usr/X11R6/lib

goes in your Makefiles.

If you are using GNUish configure then
./configure --with-x --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/incldue --x-libraries=/usr/X11R
6/lib

Suhaib

PS: X11 questions should be addressed to cygwin-xfree list

* Re: compiling help
@ 1999-12-31 13:28   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-12-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Guerrero; +Cc: cygwin mail list

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Joel Guerrero wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a code but I get the following error:
> g++ -o obj/euler.o -c src/euler.cpp
> src/euler.cpp:  In method `void Solver::LSODESIteration()':
> src/euler.cpp:6033: warning: assignment to `int'from `double'
> src/euler.cpp:6149:  implicit declaration of function `int lsodes_(...)'

The last line is your clue. GCC is going to conform to the standard more
and more as releases come out, and it's going to break code that used to
compile, but not quite legal C++.

Since you say you're new in this, you may just want to compile with
-fpermissive to get through the build, and report this to the maintainer
of whatever package you're trying to build.

  $ g++ -fpermissive -o obj/euler.o -c src/euler.cpp

The solution is to make sure that the prototype or definition of lsodes
is visible in euler.cpp. From the looks of it, lsodes is a function
written in Fortran that your C++ code is interfacing with.

You must provide the correct prototype, whatever that is for this
particular function.

Regards,
Mumit

* compiling help
@ 1999-12-31 13:28 ` Joel Guerrero
From: Joel Guerrero @ 1999-12-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin mail list

I'm trying to compile a code but I get the following error:
g++ -o obj/euler.o -c src/euler.cpp
src/euler.cpp:  In method `void Solver::LSODESIteration()':
src/euler.cpp:6033: warning: assignment to `int'from `double'
src/euler.cpp:6149:  implicit declaration of function `int lsodes_(...)'

make:  ***  [obj/euler.o]  Error 1

I time ago i compile it using gcc 2.95.1, but now i instal the new
version 2.95.2, and i get this error.  Can anyone help me?.  I;m new in
this stuff and i donot have idea of how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Joel GUERRERO

* Re: compiling help
@ 1999-12-18 13:29 ` Mumit Khan