* SFU
@ 2023-10-22 13:20 Jonathan Chapman-Moore
From: Jonathan Chapman-Moore @ 2023-10-22 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: jonathanmoore

I was considering the people at Cygwin rebrand Cygwin to Services for UNIX.

Thank You,

Jonathan Moore

* Re: SFU
@ 2023-11-10  7:15 ` Martin Wege
From: Martin Wege @ 2023-11-10  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 3:20 PM Jonathan Chapman-Moore via Cygwin
<cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was considering the people at Cygwin rebrand Cygwin to Services for UNIX.

SFU might be a M$ trademark.

But what about "Services for POSIX" - "SFP"?

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: SFU
@ 2003-01-27  8:02 ` Bruce Dobrin
From: Bruce Dobrin @ 2003-01-27  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon LaBadie, cygwin

I sue the NFS component for SFU on Many machines here (as well as
Diskaccess,  it's core app).  Never had a problem,  I've been doing it for 3
years now...
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-01-27  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon LaBadie; +Cc: cygwin

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:22:03PM +0200, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
> > I have both installed and have no problems with any of them so far, but I'm
> > not using SFU much, just to be able to be able to access NFS shares and
> > sharing Win2k dirs by NFS.
> >
> > Pavel.

Aren't we glad that we now have a working NFS server running under Cygwin? ;-)
See <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00109.html>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune

* Re: SFU
@ 2003-01-27  0:23   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2003-01-27  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon LaBadie, cygwin

At 09:07 AM 1/26/2003, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:22:03PM +0200, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
> > I have both installed and have no problems with any of them so far, but I'm
> > not using SFU much, just to be able to be able to access NFS shares and
> > sharing Win2k dirs by NFS.
> >
> > Pavel.

You may be interested in the nfs-server package for Cygwin that's on it's
way.  See

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00109.html

if you want a sneak peek.

Perhaps this is an alternative for you.

* Re: SFU
@ 2003-01-26 22:54   ` Pavel Tsekov
From: Pavel Tsekov @ 2003-01-26 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> > Has anyone one on the list attempted the same and had any positive or
> > negative experiences with interaction between the two systems.
>
> Not personally. But I have been told that they cannot live together. If you
> search the archives for "posix sub-system" you may find one or two posts
> relating to people trying to have cygwin co-exist with Interix.

Not true. I have them both on one of my machines and have no problems at
all. On installation SFU adds some of its directories to the PATH variable.
I cleaned these and everything seems ok.

* Re: SFU
@ 2003-01-26 16:26 ` Jon LaBadie
From: Jon LaBadie @ 2003-01-26 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-01-26 15:59 Pavel Rozenboim
From: Pavel Rozenboim @ 2003-01-26 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have both installed and have no problems with any of them so far, but I'm
not using SFU much, just to be able to be able to access NFS shares and
sharing Win2k dirs by NFS.

Pavel.

* Re: SFU
@ 2003-01-26 15:50 ` Elfyn McBratney