* Mintty terminal always opens at 79 char width
@ 2018-11-17 15:28 Saurabh T
       [not found] ` <f7755deb-8cae-b3aa-b685-7ae7d8578334@towo.net>
From: Saurabh T @ 2018-11-17 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

n/t. Despite being set to 80 in the Options, Apply/Save being done, minttyrc being manually edited to say Columns=80, windows keep opening at 79 char width. This is on Windows 10 Home with the latest 32 bit Cygwin 2.11.2. I've tried both Consolas and Lucida Console font. Thanks,
saurabh

* Re: Mintty terminal always opens at 79 char width
@ 2018-11-17 15:45 ` Marco Atzeri
       [not found] ` <f7755deb-8cae-b3aa-b685-7ae7d8578334@towo.net>
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-11-17 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 17.11.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Saurabh T:
> n/t. Despite being set to 80 in the Options, Apply/Save being done, minttyrc being manually edited to say Columns=80, windows keep opening at 79 char width. This is on Windows 10 Home with the latest 32 bit Cygwin 2.11.2. I've tried both Consolas and Lucida Console font. Thanks,
> saurabh

what is the output of
  $ set | grep COLUMNS

---

* Re: Mintty terminal always opens at 79 char width
@ 2018-11-18 13:11   ` Saurabh T
From: Saurabh T @ 2018-11-18 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
Am 17.11.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Saurabh T:
> n/t. Despite being set to 80 in the Options, Apply/Save being done, minttyrc being manually edited to say Columns=80, windows keep opening at 79 char width. This is on Windows 10 Home with the latest 32 bit Cygwin 2.11.2. I've tried both Consolas and Lucida Console font. Thanks,
> saurabh

what is the output of
  $ set | grep COLUMNS

---

* Re: Mintty terminal always opens at 79 char width
@ 2018-11-18 13:30     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-11-18 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 18.11.2018 um 14:11 schrieb Saurabh T:
> There is no match.

bottom post on this mailing list, please

What is your shell ?
The value of COLUMNS is updated at any redimensioning of term size
both with Mintty and with Xterm

---

@ 2018-11-18 15:16   ` Saurabh T