* GTK errors
@ 2001-08-12  8:17 Chris Mason
From: Chris Mason @ 2001-08-12  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I run X on cygwin on WIn2000 over ssh, and run startkde, I see this in
the SSH console.

kpanel: ok, commencing initialization

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
`image != NULL' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
`image != NULL' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
`image != NULL' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
`image != NULL' failed.
PID could not get read.
Chris Mason
masonc@masonc.com
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
Find your perfect rental villa www.mycaribbean.com
Talk to me in real time with Instant Messenger: masonc92@hotmail.com
or ICQ 118159388
Signature F331 8AD1 36FB B3B0 DF9F  D95B 8024 D1EA 7450 D50C

* Strage behaviour for Cygwin's grep..
@ 2001-08-13 14:04 ` Ronald Landheer
From: Ronald Landheer @ 2001-08-13 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello all,

As people with a very good memory might remember, I run DJGPP and Cygwin on
the same system (both updated every Sunday) which is a Windoze 98 bugz. I
noticed a slight difference in behaviour between their two versions of grep:
when I run grep with the following command line from Bash:
  grep -rnHi vpl3 *
(i.e. looking for 'vpl3' in all my files) I get a nice list of files in the
DJGPP version, but the CygWin version refuses to recurse into subdirectories
and says "permission denied" for all of them.
I installed CygWin OOTB, w/ the setup util, etc. This is the first weird
thing I've found. Other than this, I'm happy.
AFAIK, there's not security issues under Windoze 98 (AFAIK, there _is_ not
security in Win98) so I'm wondering what the matter is.
As I don't have the source codes of CygWin's grep, I can't really help in
tracing the bug down - sorry. When I have the time, I'll download the
sources..
As this is only slightly annoying, I'll happily go on my way using the DJGPP
implementation in stead, but a fix or a pointer to what I'm overlooking
would be welcome.

Thanx!

Ronald