* ./configure and cat program
@ 2000-05-26  6:27 Humberto Jose Bortolossi
From: Humberto Jose Bortolossi @ 2000-05-26  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Greetings!

I'm a cygwin newbie trying to compile some unix programs under windows.
I've installed the latest cygwin files. All is ok. So I've downloaded the
cnl (a numerical library) source. There is a configure script. When I run
it, it asks for the ``cat'' utility that it's not present.

So: (1) A lot of packages use ``configure'' to setup makefiles. Does
``configure'' run well under cygwin?

    (2) Is there a good URL where I can find the source for some missing
programs like ``cat''?

Thanks in advance, Humberto.
hjbortol@mat.puc-rio.br

* Re: ./configure and cat program
@ 2000-05-26  6:58 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-05-26  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Humberto Jose Bortolossi, cygwin

If Cygwin installed correctly then you should have all you need to run
./configure.

The output of `cygcheck -s -v -r' would be helpful at this point.

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >