* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.1.1-3
@ 2004-02-29  1:06 Peter A. Castro
From: Peter A. Castro @ 2004-02-29  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

An updated version of zsh (zsh-4.1.1-3) has been released and should be
at a mirror near you real soon.

This release fixes the rebase issue concerning zsh.  Previous releases of
zsh were generated using a method which created DLLs which were not
rebase-able.  This release corrects this problem by changing the DLL
building method.  No other fixes are included in this release.  If you
regularly rebase your environment and have been manually excluding zsh,
you no longer need to exclude zsh.  If you don't know what rebase is, or
don't use it, then you need not upgrade, however it is still advisable to
upgrade anyways.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list (see http://cygwin.com/lists.html).

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.1.1-3
@ 2004-03-01 12:40 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2004-03-01 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Peter,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:35:27PM -0500, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> This release fixes the rebase issue concerning zsh.  Previous releases
> of zsh were generated using a method which created DLLs which were not
> rebase-able.  This release corrects this problem by changing the DLL
> building method.

Thanks for accommodating rebase!

Jason

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: zsh-4.1.1-3
@ 2004-03-01 23:29   ` Peter A. Castro
From: Peter A. Castro @ 2004-03-01 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Peter,
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:35:27PM -0500, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> > This release fixes the rebase issue concerning zsh.  Previous releases
> > of zsh were generated using a method which created DLLs which were not
> > rebase-able.  This release corrects this problem by changing the DLL
> > building method.
>
> Thanks for accommodating rebase!

Your welcome, but I don't really think of this as accommodating rebase.
In my analysis, I'd determined that the root problem was that zsh code
isn't properly/discretely tagging things which should be exported (like
functions and various globals) for those platforms that need such things
(like MS Windows).  Rather than go through the code and do the tagging, I
decided a more expedient path was to simply export everything, which is
in the spirit of what the original method was trying to achieve, but
which is not a very elegent solition, IMHO.  I suspect I'll have to
review this hack later, but for the moment it gets past the immediate
problem.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>