* Help
@ 1999-03-29 14:22 Nirmal Vuppuluri
From: Nirmal Vuppuluri @ 1999-03-29 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,
	I was running bash with CygwinB20(on NT) and I mounted some
directories(some local and some network-mapped) and everything was fine. I
exited bash and then ran it again. Now the mounts don't work. I am not
able to access any of the drives that I mounted. Can anyone think of some
reason why?

Thanks,
Nirmal.

* help
@ 2023-03-10 17:59 Scott Smith
From: Scott Smith @ 2023-03-10 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* help
@ 2020-07-21 16:47 Birane Koundoul
From: Birane Koundoul @ 2020-07-21 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello I have a model with the petri net (I use cpn tools 4.0) but it
sometimes shows me errors like:

   1. Error! exception subscript raised when checking enabling
   2. cannot bind variable ... from large color-set ............
   3. un-bound variable in output arc

and what bothers me the most is that when I run the simulation, it executes
the queries but at some point it stops and yet queries are available.
Sincerely
*                            Birane Koundoul *
Ingénieur en Informatique (système d'Information)
                 Orange    : (+221)772714013
                Expresso : (+221)706024811
               * koundoul.birane@hotmail.fr
<Email%3Akoundoul.birane@gmail.com>*
*                    koundoul.birane@gmail.com
<Email%3Akoundoul.birane@gmail.com>*
*                     koundoul.birane@yahoo.fr
<Email%3Akoundoul.birane@gmail.com> *

--

Ce mail est à l’attention
exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il

Si
vous le recevez par
erreur, merci de le détruire et d’en informer sans délais l’expéditeur.

Le
contenu de ce mail ne pourrait engager la responsabilité de l’Université

Alioune DIOP de Bambey que s’il a été émis par une personne dûment
habilitée,
agissant dans le cadre strict des fonctions auxquelles elle est
employée et à
des fins non étrangères à ses attributions.

Toute

diffusion, copie, publication partielle ou totale, ou toute autre
utilisation
est interdite, sauf autorisation.

[parent not found: <mailman.10707.1587224442.8982.cygwin@cygwin.com>]
* FW: help
@ 2003-08-17 20:21 Glen Zhang
From: Glen Zhang @ 2003-08-17 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am running nmake on cygwin shell, but I always get the following message
before I can move on.

CORRECT>make (y|n|e|a)?

I have to say NO to use windows NMAKE. Could you please tell me how to get
rid of this question? I have tried to set MAKE_MODE=WIN32, but it doesn't
work.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Glen

* help...
@ 2003-01-13  3:04 top_general
From: top_general @ 2003-01-13  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have a question .
Firstly:
I make a "C library".The "C library" source code is below:
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/libraries/
uC-libc-310899.tar.gz.
I build a "libc.a" using "make " in cygwin.

secondly:
I do an example "a.c".below:
//a.c
#include <stdio.h>
void main()
{
printf("success!");
return ;
}

I want to use "printf" function in libc.a, not in libcygwin.a.
so I using a new libcygwin.a ,not original libcygwin.a.

ar r libcygwin.a _cygwin_crt0_common.o _cygwin_S_IEXEC.o cygwin_attach_dll.o cygwin_crt0.o dll_entry.o dll_main.o libcmain.o premain0.o premain1.o premain2.o premain3.o regcomp.o regerror.o regexec.o regfree.o

thirdly:
complied the program:
gcc -g -o a.exe a.c -lc -lcygwin

there are some question below:
/cygdrive/d/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccSmKP9B.o: In function `main':
/cygdrive/e/develop/uc-libc_310899/1.c:4: undefined reference to `__main'
/cygdrive/e/develop/uc-libc_310899/1.c:5: undefined reference to `printf'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(cygwin_crt0.o)(.text+0x41): undefined reference to `import stub
for dll_crt0(per_process *)'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(_cygwin_crt0_common.o)(.text+0xca): undefined reference to `malloc'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(d000582.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_cygwin1_dll'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(d001007.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_cygwin1_dll'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(d000723.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_cygwin1_dll'
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(d000635.o)(.idata$7+0x0): undefined reference to `_head_cygwin1_dll'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

how can i do? who help me ? Thanks

[parent not found: <00121217290105.05746@cygbert>]
* help
@ 1999-05-20 19:13 ML
From: ML @ 1999-05-20 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Help
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 Fritz Schenk
From: Fritz Schenk @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I need your help. I need to use UDP to stream some data from a remote
location. Do you know of some code that does this for the Win95/Win98
platform, and can this be done using egcs
THANKS

-

* Help
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 Min Yao
From: Min Yao @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dslate; +Cc: gnu-win32

Hi, David, I am trying to port the SSLftp 0.8 ftpd server part unix c source
code to Windows NT C source code and run the ftpd server on NT, I think I
can use gnu-win32 package to do it, but I do not know how, I just downloaded
user.exe file and installed on Windows95, and then I do not know what to do,
Could you or anybody help me please !

Thanks very much !

Kebo

To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: Problems with gnu-win32

Dave Slate wrote:

I recently installed the gnu-win32 package (b18, with development tools) on
a DELL PentiumII box running Windows-95, and on a DELL Pentium-Pro box
running Windows-NT.  I'm trying to port a complex application from a
Linux/Unix environment to both of these systems.  Much of this application
is now running ok, including some hairy I/O involving inter-process pipes
and select calls.  Here are some of the things that don't seem to be
working properly:

1. The hostname command seems to work on Win95 but aborts on WinNT.
2. popen seems to work on WinNT, but on Win95 only read calls (mode "r")
   work, while write calls ("w") fail.
3. Attempts to retrieve cpu time using getrusage() fail on both systems,
   returning junk.  Here is the code, which works ok on Linux/Unix:

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

/*
 * double CpuTime( ) - report Dsu cpu time.
 */
double
CpuTime( void)
{
 double   t;
 struct rusage   r;

 getrusage( RUSAGE_SELF, &r);
 t = r.ru_utime.tv_sec + r.ru_stime.tv_sec +
         (r.ru_utime.tv_usec + r.ru_stime.tv_usec) / 1000000.0;
 return (t);

Any ideas on these problems?

Thanks for the gnu-win32 package, and for whatever help you can provide,

-- Dave Slate

-

* Help
@ 1999-01-31 15:00 mendes
From: mendes @ 1999-01-31 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi there
    I am a newbie to gnu-win32 and therefore having some trouble to
intall
cygwin in PC running windows 98.
    I followed all steps but when I try to run Cygin B20 the windows
opens with
the following mgs:
1) Too many parameters
2) Command or file not found

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance

Regards

Eduardo

-

* Help
@ 1998-11-10  7:48 Jama Musse Jama
From: Jama Musse Jama @ 1998-11-10  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I have an application which uses the ODBC32 API, and I should compile it
under cygwin.  I "discovered" that I have a library called libodbc32.a
in the distribution B20 of cygwin.  Now I am missing something because I
cannot link my application against that library.  I read the FAQ and
other documentation, but I continue failing to resolve this problem.
Can anyone help me?
In particular:
1. is that library only an import lib? if so where I can get its related
dll?
2. if it is the import lib of MS distributed libodbc32.a, how I can link
(even under
    MSVC++ environment) ?
3. Are there any documentation related to the cross-compiler issues
(cygwin vs MSVC)?
4. Any other suggestion on how I can resolve the problem?

Thank you in advance.
Jama Musse Jama
Pisa, Italy.

-

* help
@ 1998-07-24  5:20 Joseph Sirucka
From: Joseph Sirucka @ 1998-07-24  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

call me stupid or an idiot but do you just type
gcc <filename> to just compile.

also where do i find info on the bash to
customise it. is the csh.

joe

* Help
@ 1997-10-19 13:17 BMullenber
From: BMullenber @ 1997-10-19 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Ok, I downloaded cdk.exe and usertools.exe

I ran the cdk.exe and now I am totally confused with how to set the
enviromnet variables.  I don't know what they are or how to set them to what
you said too. I read the readme file.  I have win95.  Do I make my own bat
file and name it autoexec.bat, or do I use the current one under C:\

Im just confused with what you mean.  Can you explain it more step by step
for me with exactly what I have to do to get this to work

Thanks
Brandon
-

* Re: Help
@ 1997-10-08  2:27 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-08  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dlove; +Cc: gnu-win32

Let me point you to:

ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/

http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/

http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/

http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----