* Installation problem: nothing to install?
@ 2001-07-02 16:04 Phil Mitchell
From: Phil Mitchell @ 2001-07-02 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm trying to do a full, clean Cygwin install on win 98 SE. I'm installing
from a local directory, b/c I have a slow internet connection and downloaded
the files elsewhere and sneakermailed them to my local hard drive. When I
run setup.exe, I get to the part where I'm supposed to tell it which
packages to install, and there aren't any to select. setup.log tells me
there was nothing to install. I'm using the latest setup (2.57).

I have read through the mail archives and it seems that others have had this
problem, but no solutions were posted.

TIA,

Phil

* Re: Installation problem: nothing to install?
@ 2001-07-02 17:55 ` Brian Keener
From: Brian Keener @ 2001-07-02 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Phil,

Did you maintain the directory structure of the download directory when you
moved it to the new computer and did you make sure you have a copy of
setup.ini.  These are both critical for success.

bk

* Re: Installation problem: nothing to install?
@ 2001-07-05  2:24 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2001-07-05  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Mitchell; +Cc: cygwin

You MUST copy setup.ini as well as latest/ and contrib/
Max.