* [ANNOUNCEMENT] libcbor 0.8.0-1
@ 2021-11-12 10:09 Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce
From: Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce @ 2021-11-12 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* libcbor-0.8.0-1
* libcbor-devel-0.8.0-1

libcbor is a C library for parsing and generating CBOR.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] libcbor 0.8.0-1
@ 2021-11-12 16:31 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2021-11-12 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2021-11-12 03:09, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>
> * libcbor-0.8.0-1
> * libcbor-devel-0.8.0-1
>
> libcbor is a C library for parsing and generating CBOR.

As this is not the first time I have looked this up, it would be nice to
have a more explanatory description like:

"...generating Concise Binary Object Representation data format defined
in RFC 8949 designed by C.BORmann with the goals of extremely small code
size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need for
version negotiation."

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] libcbor 0.8.0-1
@ 2021-11-12 17:46   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-11-12 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Nov 12 09:31, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-11-12 03:09, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin wrote:
> > The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
> >
> > * libcbor-0.8.0-1
> > * libcbor-devel-0.8.0-1
> >
> > libcbor is a C library for parsing and generating CBOR.
>
> As this is not the first time I have looked this up, it would be nice to
> have a more explanatory description like:
>
> "...generating Concise Binary Object Representation data format defined in
> RFC 8949 designed by C.BORmann with the goals of extremely small code size,
> fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need for version
> negotiation."

I'm using the description from the Fedora rpm spec file verbatim ;)

Corinna