* reporting problem : fast cwd pointer
@ 2018-01-17  1:58 Hector Jaquez
From: Hector Jaquez @ 2018-01-17  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I couldnt extract .tar.md5 because it says : couldnt compute fast_cwd
pointer. what could be the reason. im on windows 10

* Re: reporting problem : fast cwd pointer
@ 2018-01-17  6:31 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-01-17  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, hectorjaker26

On 17/01/2018 02:58, Hector Jaquez wrote:
> I couldnt extract .tar.md5 because it says : couldnt compute fast_cwd
> pointer. what could be the reason. im on windows 10

Hector,
in general a tar.md5 is not an archive but the md5 checksum of a tar file.

However we assume you are using a tool that is using under the hood
a old version of the Cygwin dll:

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

If not follow the guideline on
https://cygwin.com/problems.html