* Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp,find, less, z...
@ 1999-06-21 20:21 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-06-21 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John.Wiersba, cygwin

In a message dated 99-06-21 18:43:31 EDT, John.Wiersba@medstat.com writes:

> 3) The following two commands cause bash to hang for several seconds before
>  executing properly.  I believe that bash is, for some reason, going out to
>  the LAN before figuring out what to do.  Could it be related to bug #1?
>     cd /
>     cd relativepath/subdir

cd seems quite sensitive to the installation environment, which I don't see
specified.  My personal experience:
NT4SP3 installed on FAT, on LAN:  slow but bearable
NT4SP5: somewhat better (?)
W2K installed on FAT:  totally unworkable
W2K installed on NTFS5: excellent
W95: generally good

* Re: question (latest "stable" dll?) + bugs: vim, bash, gcc, cp,find, less, z...
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John.Wiersba, cygwin