* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: procps-ng 4.0.1-1
@ 2022-10-22 19:18 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2022-10-22 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The package procps-ng has been updated to its latest upstream version.

This package provides command line and full screen utilities for
browsing procfs, a pseudo file system dynamically generated by the
kernel to provide information about the status of entries in its process
table (such as whether the process is running, stopped, or a zombie).

It contains free, prockill, pkill, pgrep, pmap, procps, tload, top,
uptime, vmstat, w, and watch.

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: procps-ng 4.0.1-1
@ 2022-11-07 22:35 ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2022-11-07 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 at 20:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> The package procps-ng has been updated to its latest upstream version.
>
> This package provides command line and full screen utilities for
> browsing procfs, a pseudo file system dynamically generated by the
> kernel to provide information about the status of entries in its process
> table (such as whether the process is running, stopped, or a zombie).
>
> It contains free, prockill, pkill, pgrep, pmap, procps, tload, top,
> uptime, vmstat, w, and watch.

Hi Achim,

Thanks for the update. I noticed the procps(1) manpage has gone
missing, although there is a procps(3) for the libproc API now.

I gather libproc has been rolled into the procps-ng package? It still
pulls in libprocps8 at version 3.3.17-1 as a dependency, but I guess
that's due to a setup.exe limitation?

Regards,
Andy

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: procps-ng 4.0.1-1
@ 2022-11-09 18:05   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2022-11-09 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Andy Koppe writes:
> Thanks for the update. I noticed the procps(1) manpage has gone
> missing, although there is a procps(3) for the libproc API now.

Hmm.  The man page exists and gets built (albeit as ps.1), but not
installed apparently.  I'll have to check why that is happening and if
it's a bug or just some missing configuration.

> I gather libproc has been rolled into the procps-ng package?

No.  Part of the 4.x branch is that the library has been renamed
libproc2 and it continues to be available as a separate package.

> It still pulls in libprocps8 at version 3.3.17-1 as a dependency, but
> I guess that's due to a setup.exe limitation?

Huh?  It doesn't do that here, which package has that dependency on your
installation?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: procps-ng 4.0.1-1
@ 2022-11-09 20:29     ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2022-11-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 at 18:06, Achim Gratz  wrote:

> Andy Koppe writes:
> Hmm.  The man page exists and gets built (albeit as ps.1), but not
> installed apparently.  I'll have to check why that is happening and if
> it's a bug or just some missing configuration.
>
> > I gather libproc has been rolled into the procps-ng package?
>
> No.  Part of the 4.x branch is that the library has been renamed
> libproc2 and it continues to be available as a separate package.

Thanks for clarifying.

> > It still pulls in libprocps8 at version 3.3.17-1 as a dependency, but
> > I guess that's due to a setup.exe limitation?
>
> Huh?  It doesn't do that here, which package has that dependency on your
> installation?

I can't reproduce it either, so apologies for the false alarm.

Regards,
Andy