* new setup.exe doesn't collapse package sets in full view.
@ 2016-12-13 23:02 Stephen Paul Carrier
From: Stephen Paul Carrier @ 2016-12-13 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded the new setup program (2.877, 32-bit) and ran it on a
cygwin installation that hadn't been updated in over a year (2008R2).
I first got the Pending view, OK, then switched to Full and found that
the packages were not aggregated into tabs-- they were in one very long
alphabetical list.  I am wondering whether the more convenient tabbed
view is still available and if others are also seeing this issue.

I tried a different download source, same issue.  I have tried with
server that hadn't been updated in >1 year, and server that was updated
last week.  Same issue.

Can the tabbed view be retained as an option, even for pre-existing
installations?  Thanks.

Thanks,

Stephen Carrier

* Re: new setup.exe doesn't collapse package sets in full view.
@ 2016-12-13 23:10 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-12-13 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/13/2016 6:02 PM, Stephen Paul Carrier wrote:
> I downloaded the new setup program (2.877, 32-bit) and ran it on a
> cygwin installation that hadn't been updated in over a year (2008R2).
> I first got the Pending view, OK, then switched to Full and found that
> the packages were not aggregated into tabs-- they were in one very long
> alphabetical list.  I am wondering whether the more convenient tabbed
> view is still available and if others are also seeing this issue.

I think what you want is the "Category" view.

Ken