* Package choosing algorithm ...
@ 2016-03-20 16:55 Houder
From: Houder @ 2016-03-20 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Corinna,

A year ago you changed the "package choosing algorithm" ...

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2015-02/msg00034.html
  - [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864) -- by Corinna
Vinschen
Here C. announces the modification of the "package choosing algorithm"
(and the introduction of the "mirror mode")

When I started setup (2.873) and selected "Download without Installing",
it
offered me to download version 2.5.0-0.8 of cygwin (installed:
2.5.0-0.7).

Splendid!

However when I restarted setup and selected "Install from Local
Directory",
it did NOT offer me to install version 2.5.0-0.8 ...

(Meaning, I had to restart setup AGAIN, and force it to install the last
  version of cygwin - a bit annoying, as you wrote in [1])

Did your modification only apply to the  "Download without Installing"
part
of setup? (i.e. downloading from internet)

(honestly, I do not remember whether or not setup acted consistently in
both
  modes after your modification)

Did I miss something?

Regards,

Henri

[1]
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-01/msg00126.html
  - Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed - by
Corinna
    Vinschen
Start of discussion ...

=====