* Cygport mailing list
@ 2017-10-25 14:43 João Eiras
From: João Eiras @ 2017-10-25 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.

I've been recently playing a big with cygport and have some doubts.

However, both the man page for cygport and the git README [1] direct
the reader to both "cygwin-ports-general AT lists DOT sourceforge net"
and "cygwin-apps AT cygwin DOT com".

The first seems to be shut down and the second does not feel too
adequate for the kind of discussion I'd like to have. Thirdly, it's a
bit overkill for me to make bug reports for things I'm not sure what
to thing about them.

So, where would be the best place to discuss usage and issues of cygport ?

Thank you.

[1] https://github.com/cygwinports/cygport/blob/master/README

[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/mailman/ (no mail lists for
this project)

@ 2017-10-26 11:14 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-26 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 25/10/2017 16:43, João Eiras wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been recently playing a big with cygport and have some doubts.
>
> However, both the man page for cygport and the git README [1] direct
> the reader to both "cygwin-ports-general AT lists DOT sourceforge net"
> and "cygwin-apps AT cygwin DOT com".
>
> The first seems to be shut down and the second does not feel too
> adequate for the kind of discussion I'd like to have. Thirdly, it's a
> bit overkill for me to make bug reports for things I'm not sure what
> to thing about them.
>
> So, where would be the best place to discuss usage and issues of cygport ?
>
> Thank you.

for general inquiry about usage, this mailing list is fine.

cygwin-apps is more for discussion between the various package
maintainers.

Regards
Marco

@ 2017-12-11 18:46 ` João Eiras
From: João Eiras @ 2017-12-11 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, is this list dead ?

@ 2017-12-11 22:04   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2017-12-11 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: João Eiras

On Monday 11 December 2017 at 05:48 pm +0100, João Eiras wrote:
> Hi, is this list dead ?

If by "this list" you mean cygwin@cygwin.com, no, it's definitely not
dead.  However the convention on this list is to only reply to the list,
not to individuals, so if you aren't subscribed to the list you won't
see the replies to your previous emails.

Marco Atzeri replied to your previous email on this thread; you can see
Marco's reply in the archives:

Adam