* cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-28 18:01 ping
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ping @ 2012-06-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

guys/experts:
I just installed full cygwin and I now need to access a folder from
inside cygwin machine(win7). I did some google search but no good match.
are there any known best practice for that (e.g through SSH)?
the cygwin ssh client works fine but I just dont wanna bother to copy
DIRs ..

thanks!
regards
ping

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-28 18:20 ` K Stahl
From: K Stahl @ 2012-06-28 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If the target file system is shared via a Samba mount, then you can
add the following to your /etc/fstab of cygwin:

//HOST_MACHINE/PATH/TO/SHARED_FOLDER /mnt/SOME_NAME smbfs
binary,notexec,posix=0 0 0

NOTE: The values in all uppercase should be changed to reflect the
appropriate values.

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-28 19:35   ` ping
From: ping @ 2012-06-28 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

thanks for the response!
samba is a good solution, although I still miss the magic sshfs tool in
linux...

@ 2012-06-28 19:56     ` Daniel Colascione
From: Daniel Colascione @ 2012-06-28 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 6/28/12 12:34 PM, ping wrote:
> I still miss the magic sshfs tool
> in linux...

You can make it happen. In principle, FUSE should work as well in
Cygwin as it does under Linux, albeit for Cygwin programs only. It'd
just be a matter of writing the glue logic and hooking into Cygwin's
VFS internals.

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-28 20:09       ` Jeremy Bopp
From: Jeremy Bopp @ 2012-06-28 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 06/28/2012 02:55 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> On 6/28/12 12:34 PM, ping wrote:
>> I still miss the magic sshfs tool
>> in linux...
>
> You can make it happen. In principle, FUSE should work as well in
> Cygwin as it does under Linux, albeit for Cygwin programs only. It'd
> just be a matter of writing the glue logic and hooking into Cygwin's
> VFS internals.

You may have more immediate results by using a Windows-native SSHFS
implementation.  I haven't used Dokan myself, but it appears promising:

http://dokan-dev.net/en/

It's basically a FUSE implementation for Windows that includes an SSHFS
client.  There is also another one that seems related:

http://code.google.com/p/win-sshfs/

Assuming you can get one of these to work for you, you'll have the
advantage of using it not only with Cygwin programs but native ones as well.

-Jeremy

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-28 20:40         ` ping
From: ping @ 2012-06-28 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

thanks Jeremy, will give dokan and winsshfs a shot.
I didn't think this should be fixed from outside of cygwin.
will post the result...

regards
ping

@ 2012-06-28 20:57           ` ping
From: ping @ 2012-06-28 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi Jeremy/all:
the Dokan sshfs works like a charm.
now all set!

thanks!

regards
ping

@ 2012-06-28 21:35 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2012-06-28 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ping, cygwin

Greetings, ping!

> guys/experts:
> I just installed full cygwin and I now need to access a folder from
> inside cygwin machine(win7). I did some google search but no good match.

Then try some googling in your VM manual. (Assuming you've installed Win7 in
VM.)
e.g. VirtualBox have "shared folders" guest OS tool.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-29  8:17 ` Thorsten Kampe
From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2012-06-29  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* ping (Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:01:34 -0400)
> I just installed full cygwin and I now need to access a folder from
> inside cygwin machine(win7). I did some google search but no good match.
> are there any known best practice for that (e.g through SSH)?
> the cygwin ssh client works fine but I just dont wanna bother to copy
> DIRs ..

Your options are SMB and NFS depending on which is setup on the server.
You mount both with Windows tools (not Cygwin). Or you use a SCP/SFTP
client like WinSCP or FileZilla.

Thorsten

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-06-29 13:32   ` ping
From: ping @ 2012-06-29 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

thanks Thorsten.
problem solved here by dokan sshfs tool.
I may try samba/nfs solution later when desired, but apparently sshfs
looks easier way as it does not require additional config/soft from the
server...

regards
ping

@ 2012-07-11 14:23     ` ping
From: ping @ 2012-07-11 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 6/29/2012 9:32 AM, ping wrote:
> thanks Thorsten.
> problem solved here by dokan sshfs tool.
> I may try samba/nfs solution later when desired, but apparently sshfs
> looks easier way as it does not require additional config/soft from the
> server...
>
> regards
> ping
>
> On 06/29/2012 04:16 AM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> * ping (Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:01:34 -0400)
>>> I just installed full cygwin and I now need to access a folder from
>>> inside cygwin machine(win7). I did some google search but no good match.
>>> are there any known best practice for that (e.g through SSH)?
>>> the cygwin ssh client works fine but I just dont wanna bother to copy
>>> DIRs ..
>>
>> Your options are SMB and NFS depending on which is setup on the server.
>> You mount both with Windows tools (not Cygwin). Or you use a SCP/SFTP
>> client like WinSCP or FileZilla.
>>
>> Thorsten
>>

>> --
>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
>> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html

to continue with previous thread...
so I'm now using dokan sshfs GUI tool to mount remote linux server FS
via ssh, everything (mostly) works, except:

1) it's a GUI based tool, I don't see any command line options
2) somehow I can't save the previous data, after pressing "save" button,
it pop up a warning dialog below.

please share some thought if anyone experienced the same.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in
dictionary: 'tmp'  Key being added: 'tmp'
    at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue,
Boolean add)
    at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
    at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key,
String value)
    at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCaptureUnimpersonated(SafeUserTokenHandle
userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,
String& outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine)
    at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(SafeUserTokenHandle
userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,
String& outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine)
    at Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.Compile(CompilerParameters
options, String compilerDirectory, String compilerExe, String arguments,
String& outputFile, Int32& nativeReturnValue, String trueArgs)
    at
Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] fileNames)
    at
Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.FromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)
    at
Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeGenerator.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromSourceBatch(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)
    at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters
options, String[] sources)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String
ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
    at
System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable
assemblies)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location,
Evidence evidence)
    at
System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping
xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String
defaultNamespace)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)
    at DokanSSHFS.Settings.Save()
    at DokanSSHFS.SettingForm.save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
DokanSSHFS
     Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/cygwin/home/ping/bin/dokan-sshfs-0.6.0/DokanSSHFS.exe
System.Windows.Forms
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Accessibility
     Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
     Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
     CodeBase:
file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
     <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-07-11 14:30       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-07-11 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:23:29AM -0400, ping wrote:
>On 6/29/2012 9:32 AM, ping wrote:
>> thanks Thorsten.
>> problem solved here by dokan sshfs tool.
>> I may try samba/nfs solution later when desired, but apparently sshfs
>> looks easier way as it does not require additional config/soft from the
>> server...
>>
>> regards
>> ping
>>
>> On 06/29/2012 04:16 AM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>> * ping (Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:01:34 -0400)
>>>
>>> Your options are SMB and NFS depending on which is setup on the server.
>>> You mount both with Windows tools (not Cygwin). Or you use a SCP/SFTP
>>> client like WinSCP or FileZilla.
>
>to continue with previous thread...
>so I'm now using dokan sshfs GUI tool to mount remote linux server FS
>via ssh, everything (mostly) works, except:
>
>1) it's a GUI based tool, I don't see any command line options
>2) somehow I can't save the previous data, after pressing "save" button,
>it pop up a warning dialog below.
>
>please share some thought if anyone experienced the same.

No, please go somewhere else to get thoughts on the "dokan sshfs GUI tool".
Presumably, they have a forum for dealing with users.  You should use it.

This is off-topic here.

cgf

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-26 11:28         ` hauck.adrian451
From: hauck.adrian451 @ 2018-10-26 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I could install the sshfs in cygwin, but goes on wihout found:

user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
$ meson --reconfigure
The Meson build system
Version: 0.48.1
Source dir: /home/mssg/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0
Build dir: /home/mssg/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
Build type: native build
Project name: sshfs
Project version: 3.5.0
Native C compiler: cc (gcc 7.3.0 "cc (GCC) 7.3.0")
Build machine cpu family: x86_64
Build machine cpu: x86_64
Message: Compiler warns about unused result even when casting to void
Program rst2man found: NO
Configuring config.h using configuration
Dependency fuse3 found: YES (cached)
Dependency glib-2.0 found: YES (cached)
Dependency gthread-2.0 found: YES (cached)
Message: rst2man not found, not building manual page.
Program utils/install_helper.sh found: YES
(/home/mssg/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/utils/install_helper.sh)
WARNING: Project targetting '>= 0.38' but tried to use feature introduced in
'0.40.0': build_by_default arg in custom_target
Build targets in project: 3
WARNING: Project specifies a minimum meson_version '>= 0.38' but uses
features which were added in newer versions:
 * 0.40.0: {'build_by_default arg in custom_target'}
Found ninja-1.8.2 at /usr/bin/ninja

mssg@ltmssg ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
$ sshfs
-bash: sshfs: no se encontró la orden

Can you help me?

Regards,

--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Cygwin-list-f3.html

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-26 13:06           ` cyg Simple
From: cyg Simple @ 2018-10-26 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

https://superuser.com/questions/1264732/how-to-use-sshfs-on-cygwin

--
cyg Simple

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-26 16:03             ` hauck.adrian451
From: hauck.adrian451 @ 2018-10-26 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you,

I execute:
- ninja
- ninja install

user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
$ ninja
[5/6] Compiling C object 'sshfs@exe/sshfs.c.o'.
../sshfs.c: En la función ‘sshfs_init’:
../sshfs.c:1746:28: aviso: ‘~’ on a boolean expression [-Wbool-operation]
         cfg->nullpath_ok = ~(sshfs.truncate_workaround ||
sshfs.fstat_workaround);
[6/6] Linking target sshfs.exe.

user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
$ ninja install
[0/1] Installing files.
Installing sshfs.exe to /usr/local/bin
Running custom install script
'/home/user/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/utils/install_helper.sh sbin bin'
'/usr/local/sbin/mount.sshfs' -> '../bin/sshfs'
'/usr/local/sbin/mount.fuse.sshfs' -> '../bin/sshfs'

user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
$ sshfs
cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found

and now respond the command but the error is "cygfuse: initialization
failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found"

has happened?

Regards,

--

@ 2018-10-26 16:38               ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-10-26 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 26.10.2018 um 18:03 schrieb hauck.adrian451:
> Thank you,
>
> I execute:
> - ninja
> - ninja install
>

> user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
> $ ninja
> [5/6] Compiling C object 'sshfs@exe/sshfs.c.o'.
> ../sshfs.c: En la función ‘sshfs_init’:
> ../sshfs.c:1746:28: aviso: ‘~’ on a boolean expression [-Wbool-operation]
>           cfg->nullpath_ok = ~(sshfs.truncate_workaround ||
> sshfs.fstat_workaround);
> [6/6] Linking target sshfs.exe.
>
> user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
> $ ninja install
> [0/1] Installing files.
> Installing sshfs.exe to /usr/local/bin
> Running custom install script
> '/home/user/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/utils/install_helper.sh sbin bin'
> '/usr/local/sbin/mount.sshfs' -> '../bin/sshfs'
> '/usr/local/sbin/mount.fuse.sshfs' -> '../bin/sshfs'
>
> user@cliente ~/sshfs-sshfs-3.5.0/build
> $ sshfs
> cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found
>
> and now respond the command but the error is "cygfuse: initialization
> failed: winfsp-x64.dll not found"
>
> has happened?
>
> Regards,

have you installed WinFSP ?

http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/download/

---

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-26 22:55                 ` hauck.adrian451
From: hauck.adrian451 @ 2018-10-26 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Yes, I have installed "winfsp-1.3.18160.msi" and when the setup full options
"Core, Developer and FUSE for Cygwin":

Directorio de C:\Program Files\SSHFS-Win\bin

26/10/2018  23:45    <DIR>          .
26/10/2018  23:45    <DIR>          ..
30/11/2017  23:09            12.819 cygcom_err-2.dll
30/11/2017  23:09         2.288.659 cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll
30/11/2017  23:09            14.848 cygfuse-2.8.dll
30/11/2017  23:09            71.187 cyggcc_s-seh-1.dll
30/11/2017  23:09           980.499 cygglib-2.0-0.dll
30/11/2017  23:09           263.699 cyggssapi_krb5-2.dll
30/11/2017  23:09             9.235 cyggthread-2.0-0.dll
30/11/2017  23:09         1.033.235 cygiconv-2.dll
30/11/2017  23:09            42.515 cygintl-8.dll
30/11/2017  23:09           180.755 cygk5crypto-3.dll
30/11/2017  23:09           739.347 cygkrb5-3.dll
30/11/2017  23:09            35.859 cygkrb5support-0.dll
30/11/2017  23:09           485.907 cygpcre-1.dll
30/11/2017  23:10            12.307 cygssp-0.dll
30/11/2017  23:10         3.321.293 cygwin1.dll
30/11/2017  23:10            81.437 cygz.dll
30/11/2017  23:10           652.819 ssh.exe
30/11/2017  23:10            10.752 sshfs-win.exe
30/11/2017  23:10            70.144 sshfs.exe
              19 archivos     10.307.316 bytes

But continues the error "cygfuse: initialization failed: winfsp-x64.dll not
found"

Regards,

--

@ 2018-10-26 23:54                   ` hauck.adrian451
From: hauck.adrian451 @ 2018-10-26 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Excuse me, but I have found the library. It was in "C:\Program Files
(x86)\WinFsp\bin".

I have find where the references of dll in cygwin in this files:

C:\cygwin64\bin\cygfuse-2.8.dll
C:\cygwin64\bin\cygfuse-3.2.dll
/proc/registry32/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/WinFsp/InstallDir

The problem is I need indicate the location this dll and this position must
will directory of cygwin for a future deploy without install winfsp, only
the cygwin.

Is it posible?

Regards,

--

@ 2018-10-27  3:46                     ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-10-27  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2018-10-26 17:54, hauck.adrian451 wrote:
> Excuse me, but I have found the library. It was in "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\WinFsp\bin".
> I have find where the references of dll in cygwin in this files:
> C:\cygwin64\bin\cygfuse-2.8.dll
> C:\cygwin64\bin\cygfuse-3.2.dll
> /proc/registry32/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/WinFsp/InstallDir

Did you read and follow:

	http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/download/
	http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/develop/sshfs/

sections starting from: Integrating with Cygwin?

Has Winfsp been run?

Are the Winfsp and Cygwin bin directories in the PATH of the userid running fuse?

> The problem is I need indicate the location this dll and this position must
> will directory of cygwin for a future deploy without install winfsp, only
> the cygwin.

Do you mean:
I need to give the path of the winfsp-x64.dll directory.
The path of the winfsp-x64.dll directory must be the path of a Cygwin standalone
install bin directory for future use.
?

To talk clearly about technical issues, it helps to break long sentences into
many shorter sentences.
Each short sentence should have explicit subjects and objects.
The result may have a lot of repeated words.
Run those shorter sentences through a translation app e.g. Google.
Use those output sentences as (the basis for) your explanation.

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-28  1:32                       ` hauck.adrian451
                                           ` (2 more replies)
From: hauck.adrian451 @ 2018-10-28  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Thank you for the help.

I was review the urls indicated and install the command pkg-config:

- Created the file fuse.pc indicated the location the dll:

user@cliente~/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
$ more fuse.pc
arch=x64
prefix=${pcfiledir}/..
incdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp
implib=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp\winfsp-${arch}.dll

Name: fuse
Version: 2.8
Libs: "${implib}"
Cflags: -I"${incdir}"

user@cliente~/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
$ pwd
/home/user/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse

Escuse me, but I don´t understad what  make the command pkg-config, I
executed "pkg-config fuse.pc" and "pkg-config cgfuse" but don´t result,
continues without found the dll.

Regards,

--

@ 2018-10-28 21:27                         ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-10-28 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 28.10.2018 um 02:32 schrieb hauck.adrian451:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the help.
>
> I was review the urls indicated

Have you in the PATH the directory where
winfsp-x64.dll is located ?

If it is located in
"C:\Program Files(x86)\WinFsp\bin"

you should have a something like the output of cygpath

$ cygpath -u "C:\Program Files(x86)\WinFsp\bin"
   /cygdrive/c/Program Files(x86)/WinFsp/bin

with the additional needed escape "\"

@ 2018-10-28 21:54                         ` René Berber
From: René Berber @ 2018-10-28 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/27/2018 8:32 PM, hauck.adrian451 wrote:

> - Created the file fuse.pc indicated the location the dll:
>
> user@cliente~/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
> $ more fuse.pc
> arch=x64
> prefix=${pcfiledir}/..
> incdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp
> implib=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp\winfsp-${arch}.dll
>
> Name: fuse
> Version: 2.8
> Libs: "${implib}"
> Cflags: -I"${incdir}"

This is wrong, in several ways.

1st: fuse.pc, and pkg-config, are only used for building purposes (i.e.
compiling, creating the Makefile, usually as part of the configure
script, or in Qt projects, could be part of the qmake step).

2nd: The path used (C:\Program Files (x86)\) is written wrong, in
Windows mode, and its the location of 32-bit installations, which
contradicts the "arch=x64".  For Cygwin's version of pkg-config it is
just wrong (I would suggest to take a look at 'man pkg-config').

I don't know, or use winfsp, but... do they really put headers in there?
 That's what that .pc file says in Cflags.  Same goes for libraries, but
that could be the case, weird, but not entirely invalid.

3rd: The location of fuse.pc is not a standard location.  So unless you
also specify PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR, its not going to be used.
--
R. Berber

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2018-10-29  4:36                         ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-10-29  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2018-10-27 19:32, hauck.adrian451 wrote:
> I was review the urls indicated and install the command pkg-config:
> - Created the file fuse.pc indicated the location the dll:
> user@cliente~/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
> $ more fuse.pc
> arch=x64
> prefix=${pcfiledir}/..
> incdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp
> implib=C:\Program Files (x86)\WinFsp\winfsp-${arch}.dll
> Name: fuse
> Version: 2.8
> Libs: "${implib}"
> Cflags: -I"${incdir}"
> user@cliente~/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
> $ pwd
> /home/user/winfsp-master/opt/cygfuse/fuse
> Escuse me, but I don´t understad what  make the command pkg-config, I
> executed "pkg-config fuse.pc" and "pkg-config cgfuse" but don´t result,
> continues without found the dll.

If you read the referenced

	http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/download/
	http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/develop/sshfs/

sections starting from: Integrating with Cygwin, you would see that fuse.pc is
created by the winfsp install script, and that file has to be used by pkg-config
from a subshell in your app build command line.

* Re: cygwin: how to mount linux FS from cygwin
@ 2012-08-09 13:56 Tom Schutter
From: Tom Schutter @ 2012-08-09 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:30:28 -0400, cgf wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:23:29AM -0400, ping wrote:
>>so I'm now using dokan sshfs GUI tool to mount remote linux server FS
>>via ssh, everything (mostly) works, except:
>>
>>1) it's a GUI based tool, I don't see any command line options
>>2) somehow I can't save the previous data, after pressing "save" button,
>>it pop up a warning dialog below.
>>
>>please share some thought if anyone experienced the same.
>
>No, please go somewhere else to get thoughts on the "dokan sshfs GUI tool".
>Presumably, they have a forum for dealing with users.  You should use it.
>
>This is off-topic here.

Actually it is not off-topic.  From the error message that cgf clipped:

  System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'tmp' Key being added: 'tmp'
  <cut>
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type)

If you read the thread at
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-03/msg00375.html , you will see that
the dokan sshfs tool is crashing while apparently attempting to
process the environment variables setup by Cygwin.  The environment
contains both 'tmp' and 'Tmp' environment variables which is OK in a
*nix context but not expected by Windows applications.

Any .NET application running on a stock Cygwin installation that uses
XmlSerializer will get bit by this bear trap.

One solution is to upgrade to base-files-4.1-2.  The other is to write
a wrapper program that cleans up the environment before calling the
dokan sshfs GUI tool.

--
Tom Schutter