* Dummynet network simulation issue
       [not found]   ` <CADGY2NdCURga6_xEiH1u8yxm09JCk1HHuD0B6sMeu13BwY0G-g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-03-08  6:38     ` shenba raj
From: shenba raj @ 2018-03-08  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: deepak.mallick08, ranjithdoss

Hi Team,

We have been using DummyNet tool for past two years to emulate different
network conditions like 3g, 4g and WiFi without any issue. Recently we have
migrated from Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise version to Windows Server
2012 R2 DataCenter version. Since migration, we are unable to run the .bat
files commands ( for 3g.bat, 4g.bat and WiFi.bat) using cmd prompt and
encountering below error. Kindly help us in this regard.

Ipfw 600 find_fast_cwd:WARNING:couldn’t compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please
<https://mail.cognizant.com/owa/redir.aspx?REF=hVo25SAaIdcLpnxpeRysncESuoG3lEt16ACgXy0cIheqAZLpsITVCAFtYWlsdG86Y3lnd2luQGN5Z3dpbi5jb20.>

Below are the 3g.bat file commands:

·         ipfw -q add pipe 1 ip from any to any in

·         ipfw -q pipe 1 config bw 850Kbits/s delay 40ms

·         ipfw -q add pipe 2 ip from any to any out

·         ipfw -q pipe 2 config bw 420Kbits/s delay 45ms

·         ipfw pipe show

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated as DummyNet issue is
blocking project deliverable. Thank you in advance for your help and
support.

Thanks & Regards

Shenba

* Re: Dummynet network simulation issue
@ 2018-03-08  6:55       ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-03-08  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: shenba raj, deepak.mallick08, ranjithdoss

On 2018-03-07 22:05, shenba raj wrote:
> We have been using DummyNet tool for past two years to emulate different
> network conditions like 3g, 4g and WiFi without any issue. Recently we have
> migrated from Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise version to Windows Server
> 2012 R2 DataCenter version. Since migration, we are unable to run the .bat
> files commands ( for 3g.bat, 4g.bat and WiFi.bat) using cmd prompt and
> encountering below error. Kindly help us in this regard.
> Ipfw 600 find_fast_cwd:WARNING:couldn’t compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please
> <https://mail.cognizant.com/owa/redir.aspx?REF=hVo25SAaIdcLpnxpeRysncESuoG3lEt16ACgXy0cIheqAZLpsITVCAFtYWlsdG86Y3lnd2luQGN5Z3dpbi5jb20.>

Upgrade your old Cygwin release when you upgrade OS releases:

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

> Your prompt response will be highly appreciated as DummyNet issue is
> blocking project deliverable. Thank you in advance for your help and
> support.

Searching for the error message would have provided the solution quicker than
emailing.

Cygwin is a small volunteer effort: users encountering problems can often find
the explanation or solution if they read the home, FAQ, and problem reporting
pages, search the mailing list archives, and subscribe to the mailing list(s),
before mailing the list.

Better yet, just follow the instructions for upgrading and see if the problem
was solved, or you get better diagnostics, before doing the above.

If used in development of projects for commercial operations, maybe contribute
by donating to the lead or major contributor volunteers via the home page
Donations link.

If deployed for operations, please provide support for your users by doing the
above checks before mailing the list, and include instructions for doing so in
your internal and external support documents.