* Add single package without installation update
@ 2023-06-18 19:58 Michael Lemke
From: Michael Lemke @ 2023-06-18 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I just wanted to install a package which I hadn't installed before but since I haven't updated my installation in a while I get a huge list of stuff to update. Is there a way in setup to install just the new package without having to click on every package in the list? Updating everything is just not convenient at the moment.

* Re: Add single package without installation update
@ 2023-06-19 11:04 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-06-19 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18/06/2023 20:58, Michael Lemke via Cygwin wrote:
> I just wanted to install a package which I hadn't installed before but
> since I haven't updated my installation in a while I get a huge list of
> stuff to update. Is there a way in setup to install just the new package
> without having to click on every package in the list? Updating
> everything is just not convenient at the moment.

Select 'keep' mode in the radio buttons in the upper right of the
package chooser.  Then select your new package for installation.

* Re: Add single package without installation update
@ 2023-06-20 19:17   ` Michael Lemke
From: Michael Lemke @ 2023-06-20 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, 19 Jun 2023 13:04:06 +0200, Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:

> On 18/06/2023 20:58, Michael Lemke via Cygwin wrote:
>> I just wanted to install a package which I hadn't installed before but
>> since I haven't updated my installation in a while I get a huge list of
>> stuff to update. Is there a way in setup to install just the new package
>> without having to click on every package in the list? Updating
>> everything is just not convenient at the moment.
>
> Select 'keep' mode in the radio buttons in the upper right of the
> package chooser.  Then select your new package for installation.

Thank you, that did the trick.