From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Download link broken
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:57:48 -0600	[thread overview]

On 2022-06-09 17:49, Greenhill, Lloyd wrote:
> I am trying to download the software but the link appears to be
> broken,
> 	https://x.cygwin.com/
> attempted to install from several different browsers and several PCs
> (personal and company)
> Please advise if there is any other way to download the software or
> provide an additional link
That is a web page which contains instructions:

"*Downloading and Installing*

Cygwin/X is installed via Cygwin's Installer, setup-x86_64.exe, and the
installation process is documented in the Cygwin/X User's Guide."

with links to:

	http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
	https://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/

As Cygwin is a software installation and download site, some corporate,
commercial, and possibly retail, ISP filters may block it.
Some filters block all attempted downloads, and may block address ranges
belonging to those sites.
You might want to ask someone in your PC support group or IT department.

Try downloading from an unfiltered corporate PC (often within PC support
groups or IT departments), home (with corporate filters or AV products
disabled), via an alternate ISP, or via a free VPN.

If you could post error codes and