* Download link broken
@ 2022-06-09 23:49 Greenhill, Lloyd
From: Greenhill, Lloyd @ 2022-06-09 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Cygwin ,

I am trying to download the software but the link appears to be broken,

https://x.cygwin.com/

attempted to install from several different browsers and several Pcs (personal and company)

Please advise if there is any other way to download the software or provide an additional link

Thanks

Lloyd Greenhill
CloudOps Engineer - ANZ CloudOps

greenhill@dxc.com

Planned Leave -

DXC Technology Australia Pty Limited (ACN: 008 476 944), whose registered office is at 26 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113.
DXC Technology Company -- This message is transmitted to you by or on behalf of DXC Technology Company or one of its affiliates. It is intended exclusively for the addressee. The substance of this message, along with any attachments, may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information or information that is otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate any part of this message. If you have received this message in error, please destroy and delete all copies and notify the sender by return e-mail. Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind DXC Technology Company or any of its affiliates to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

* Re: Download link broken
@ 2022-06-10  0:00 ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2022-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greenhill, Lloyd, cygwin

On 6/9/2022 7:49 PM, Greenhill, Lloyd wrote:
> Hi Cygwin ,
>
> I am trying to download the software but the link appears to be broken,
>
> https://x.cygwin.com/
>
> attempted to install from several different browsers and several Pcs (personal and company)
>
> Please advise if there is any other way to download the software or provide an additional link

It is strange that that link does not work, but just start from
cygwin.com.  The use Cygwin/X you need to install Cygwin and whatever
other components / tools you want.  It is not suggested to try to
install *everything* - but you can look for X and X applications
you like.

Regards - Eliot Moss

* Re: Download link broken
@ 2022-06-10 18:57 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-06-10 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2022-06-09 17:49, Greenhill, Lloyd wrote:
> I am trying to download the software but the link appears to be
> broken,
> 	https://x.cygwin.com/
> attempted to install from several different browsers and several PCs
> (personal and company)
> Please advise if there is any other way to download the software or
> provide an additional link
That is a web page which contains instructions:

"*Downloading and Installing*

Cygwin/X is installed via Cygwin's Installer, setup-x86_64.exe, and the
installation process is documented in the Cygwin/X User's Guide."

with links to:

	http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
	https://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/

As Cygwin is a software installation and download site, some corporate,
commercial, and possibly retail, ISP filters may block it.
Some filters block all attempted downloads, and may block address ranges
belonging to those sites.
You might want to ask someone in your PC support group or IT department.

Try downloading from an unfiltered corporate PC (often within PC support
groups or IT departments), home (with corporate filters or AV products
disabled), via an alternate ISP, or via a free VPN.

If you could post error codes and