@ 2023-09-15 20:59 Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2023-09-15 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-owner, All

Greetings, cygwin-owner@cygwin.com!

It is about 4 months since I lost ability to post to the many mailing lists
from my primary address. Messages are seemingly coming into a blackhole - no
The subscription is working, I'm receiving all mails that are coming through
the list, except my own.
I've tried to contact my service provider and they said the messages are
leaving their system all right.
Can you please check if they are arriving safely?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

@ 2023-11-06 19:30 ` Ernie Rael
From: Ernie Rael @ 2023-11-06 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 23/09/15 1:59 PM, Andrey Repin via Cygwin wrote:
> Greetings, cygwin-owner@cygwin.com!
>
> It is about 4 months since I lost ability to post to the many mailing lists
> from my primary address. Messages are seemingly coming into a blackhole - no
> The subscription is working, I'm receiving all mails that are coming through
> the list, except my own.
> I've tried to contact my service provider and they said the messages are
> leaving their system all right.
> Can you please check if they are arriving safely?

I've experienced something similar with one or two of the lists I
subscribe to. It only happens with a mailing list that shows my personal
email address as "From".

I use a mail server, there are DNS MX records that direct my mail to the
mail server. I use firefox POP to access the mail server and I send mail
with SMTP through the mail server. The email from the mailing list that
never makes it to my home firefox is on my mail server (I've looked at
the list archive, it's there; I can log in to the mail server and see it
there). I suspect that since it has my address as "From" it is not
picked up by firefox; either due to a mail server issue or a firefox
issue, possibly because I haven't configured something correctly on one
or the other.

I think it started when I changed to a different mail server (and I
don't want to change again). It hasn't been enough of a problem to spend
a lot of time tracking it down. If you do determine what's going on with
your email, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

-ernie

@ 2023-11-06 19:54 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-11-06 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Andrey Repin

On 2023-09-15 14:59, Andrey Repin via Cygwin wrote:
> It is about 4 months since I lost ability to post to the many mailing lists
> from my primary address. Messages are seemingly coming into a blackhole - no
> The subscription is working, I'm receiving all mails that are coming through
> the list, except my own.
> I've tried to contact my service provider and they said the messages are
> leaving their system all right.
> Can you please check if they are arriving safely?

Hi Andrey,

You appear to be on Yandex and the non-domestic Russian business was "swapped"
last year with VK, owned or controlled by Putin friends and staffers, who may be
subject to embargoes, and that could affect their companies?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/russia-tightens-grip-media-yandex-sells-homepage-news-rival-vk-2022-08-23/

Your posts from Mon, 8 May 2023 13:12:19 +0300 on now appear to have been
released by Yandex today about 2023 Nov 06 Mon 17:30Z!

All contain headers like the below.

Obviously the nikulturni FSB do not consider tech email high priority on their
reading/filtering list! ;^>

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sourceware.org D49C83857029
  [IPv6:2a02:6b8:c02:900:1:45:d181:d100])
  by sourceware.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 2171C3856DE8;
  Mon,  6 Nov 2023 17:30:55 +0000 (GMT)
DMARC-Filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.4.2 sourceware.org 2171C3856DE8
ARC-Filter: OpenARC Filter v1.0.0 sourceware.org 2171C3856DE8
ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; d=sourceware.org; s=key; t=1699291856; cv=none;

b=vWPOvoBs5rxEQX5TsZuEe9cc5TdqjVyfgEe1NFrs8y5dy+XgC/6XjUFUt394SXp/TUbm3JQUgv0g8dQKpXeXpEj0VS3eLimHCUhuo8Svqc7uu8C9qZw7y7qjJ1y2hWT0QtFqdNKzFFVonUogTWOFTVguE/5yrVNhLo4+Ls/r9bY=
ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; d=sourceware.org; s=key;
  t=1699291856; c=relaxed/simple;
  bh=ZYrDivba3aN7+IcW4EGxQp0Ir5P0ahLTCFzBxExt7Cg=;
  h=DKIM-Signature:Date:From:Message-ID:To:Subject:MIME-Version;

b=xC1Wo6OVPZP2I9XZeedinohvMnPsaQsyGKTYh8FV5Ea1ReaZVUPCHuQ3KiBvTCFHwoFh325uZHt748LMPk6u9VGfjuurLYLYzvcvgBNZs1hDcH3CWllFKsjLep5Fd6SQzYuW5H1vccolzkJbl5FlKps18FvygFxf9QdNbEK4sRE=
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; server2.sourceware.org
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 23:59:11 +0300

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

@ 2023-11-06 19:58   ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2023-11-06 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ernie Rael, cygwin

Greetings, Ernie Rael!

> On 23/09/15 1:59 PM, Andrey Repin via Cygwin wrote:
>> Greetings, cygwin-owner@cygwin.com!
>>
>> It is about 4 months since I lost ability to post to the many mailing lists
>> from my primary address. Messages are seemingly coming into a blackhole - no
>> The subscription is working, I'm receiving all mails that are coming through
>> the list, except my own.
>> I've tried to contact my service provider and they said the messages are
>> leaving their system all right.
>> Can you please check if they are arriving safely?
>>

> I've experienced something similar with one or two of the lists I subscribe
> to. It only happens with a mailing list that shows my personal email address as "From".

Turned out, my mail provider changed submission policy without a sufficient
notification, and my transit mail server got a stuck queue since last August.

Only discovered that today.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin