* External static library within Cygwin
@ 2021-03-22 14:43 Jeff Josephs
From: Jeff Josephs @ 2021-03-22 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have a third party external static library in native Windows, and I am
trying to use it within my Cygwin project. After looking at the static
library, I noticed that it uses name mangling, and when compiling the
Cygwin project, I get undefined references.

Aside from modifying the third party library to not do the name mangling,
is there anything within Cygwin that I can do to solve the undefined
references with the name mangled functions?

* Re: External static library within Cygwin
@ 2021-03-22 17:15 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-03-22 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 22.03.2021 15:43, Jeff Josephs wrote:
> I have a third party external static library in native Windows, and I am
> trying to use it within my Cygwin project. After looking at the static
> library, I noticed that it uses name mangling, and when compiling the
> Cygwin project, I get undefined references.
>
> Aside from modifying the third party library to not do the name mangling,
> is there anything within Cygwin that I can do to solve the undefined
> references with the name mangled functions?

mangling is typical of C++ and different compilers have different
ways.

About mixing Native Windows, please note the difference
between LLP64 and LP64

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/programming.html