* Package request: nnn file manager
@ 2020-01-05 20:22 Arun Prakash Jana
From: Arun Prakash Jana @ 2020-01-05 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

This is a request to package nnn - a full-featured file manager for
low-end devices and the regular desktop.

Homepage: https://github.com/jarun/nnn
License: BSD 2-Clause

It has very few dependencies and the indicative steps are here:
https://github.com/jarun/nnn/wiki/Developer-guides#compile-on-cygwin

I would highly appreciate if any maintainer can kindly take it up.

Regards,

Arun

* Re: Package request: nnn file manager
@ 2020-01-05 21:21 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-01-05 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 05.01.2020 um 21:21 schrieb Arun Prakash Jana:
> Hi,
>
> This is a request to package nnn - a full-featured file manager for
> low-end devices and the regular desktop.
>
> Homepage: https://github.com/jarun/nnn
> License: BSD 2-Clause
>
> It has very few dependencies and the indicative steps are here:
> https://github.com/jarun/nnn/wiki/Developer-guides#compile-on-cygwin
>
> I would highly appreciate if any maintainer can kindly take it up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arun

Have you thought to volounteer yourself ?

https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html

if you are interested the cygwin-apps mailing list is
the right place to support your effort

https://cygwin.com/lists.html

Regards
Marco

* Re: Package request: nnn file manager
@ 2020-01-06  9:45 ` Arun Prakash Jana
From: Arun Prakash Jana @ 2020-01-06  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Marco,

I noticed your response now. Somehow I didn't receive a mail when you responded.

I would have loved to contribute but I do not have access to any
Windows system for personal usage. So I requested in this mailing list
if someone can pick it up.

Regards,

Arun

@ 2020-01-06 14:40   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-01-06 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: engineerarun

Am 06.01.2020 um 10:44 schrieb Arun Prakash Jana:
> Hi Marco,
>
> I noticed your response now. Somehow I didn't receive a mail when you responded.

this is a mailing list.
If you are not subscribed you do not see replies.
Adding you in CC

> I would have loved to contribute but I do not have access to any
> Windows system for personal usage. So I requested in this mailing list
> if someone can pick it up.

Maybe.

@ 2020-01-06 14:44   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2020-01-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Arun,

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 09:45, Arun Prakash Jana wrote:
> I noticed your response now. Somehow I didn't receive a mail when you responded.
>
> I would have loved to contribute but I do not have access to any
> Windows system for personal usage. So I requested in this mailing list
> if someone can pick it up.

Cygwin packages are maintained by volunteers, generally because
they're maintaining packages they use themselves. If there were a
significant hole in the packages available that was causing problems
for Cygwin users, I can imagine one of the maintainers might look to
help, but I don't think anyone is going to take on maintaining a
package that we don't use personally and that we can see no particular
demand for.

For what it's worth, I took a quick look at your Cygwin installation
instructions. They reference a "copier" script at
https://github.com/jarun/nnn/blob/master/misc/clipboard-copier/copier,
but that's giving a 404 error for me.

Kind regards,

Adam

* Re: Package request: nnn file manager
@ 2020-01-06 15:37     ` Arun Prakash Jana
From: Arun Prakash Jana @ 2020-01-06 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri; +Cc: cygwin

> generally because they're maintaining packages they use themselves.

I understand. There were some user requests due to which we enabled
Cygwin support. Perhaps we will request the users. Thanks for the
relevant links.

> For what it's worth, I took a quick look at your Cygwin installation instructions.

This is automated now if with the respective program option. I have
updated the document. Thanks for letting me know!

Regards,

Arun

@ 2020-01-06 17:39     ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2020-01-06 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)