* cygwin/X shown onlay a blank screen
@ 2023-05-11 10:24 Nico Hoffmann
From: Nico Hoffmann @ 2023-05-11 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Nico Hoffmann

hello,

I did a cygwin installation on my employers laptop and have issues
with cygwin/X

Xwin with xfce starts and opens a window, but without any content. It
is only light grey and does not react on any mouse clicks.

The windows task manager however shows that Xwin/xfce is running and
that also some related programms are running (xinit, xfwm4,
xfsettingsd, xfdesktop, ...), but they are not visible and not
usable. See a screenshot at
<http://lewonze.de/tmp/cygwin-logs/cygwinXfce.png>

I checked some logs, but I found no hint what is going on there.  See
<http://lewonze.de/tmp/cygwin-logs/XWin.0.log>,
<http://lewonze.de/tmp/cygwin-logs/.xsession-errors>,
<http://lewonze.de/tmp/cygwin-logs/.xfce4-session.verbose-log>.

If I start a fvwm2 session (this is my usual window manager), the same
problem shows up.

Since I found no helpful error message, I don't know how to get Xwin
working. All hints are welcome!

Regards,

N.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-11 10:25 UTC | newest]