* Statically linking libcygwin.a
@ 2017-10-27 19:54 Sair, Umair
From: Sair, Umair @ 2017-10-27 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I have a question regarding statically linking with cygwin library. As mentioned in https://cygwin.com/licensing.html, user can statically link with libcygwin.a. I statically linked with libcygwin.a but the final executable still have dll dependency. How can I remove this dll dependency?

Regards,
Umair Sair

* Re: Statically linking libcygwin.a
@ 2017-10-27 20:23 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-10-27 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.programming.static-linking

--
Yaakov

* Re: Statically linking libcygwin.a
@ 2017-10-28  0:17 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-10-28  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-10-27 13:54, Sair, Umair wrote:
> I have a question regarding statically linking with cygwin library. As
> mentioned in https://cygwin.com/licensing.html, user can statically link
> with libcygwin.a. I statically linked with libcygwin.a but the final
> executable still> have dll dependency. How can I remove this dll dependency?
Run cygcheck on the exe - the remaining DLLs should be in Windows/... e.g.
system32 or SysWOW... and not in <CYGWIN_ROOT>/bin.