* mintty and mouse cursor
@ 2011-06-01 15:51 Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2011-06-01 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is there any way to set the mouse pointer in mintty to be more
noticeable than the skinny I beam cursor in a non-contracting color? Can
I set the color of the I beam or use another cursor shape like an arrow
or something?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a

* Re: mintty and mouse cursor
@ 2011-06-01 18:28 ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2011-06-01 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 1 June 2011 16:50, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Is there any way to set the mouse pointer in mintty to be more noticeable
> than the skinny I beam cursor in a non-contracting color? Can I set the
> color of the I beam or use another cursor shape like an arrow or something?

Mintty uses the system's "Text Select" cursor, as also used for
example in text editors. This can be changed on the 'Pointers' tab of
the 'Mouse' control panel. Various different shapes and sizes are
available there.

Andy

* Re: mintty and mouse cursor
@ 2011-06-02  3:08   ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2011-06-02  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 06/01/11 11:28, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 1 June 2011 16:50, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Is there any way to set the mouse pointer in mintty to be more noticeable
>> than the skinny I beam cursor in a non-contracting color? Can I set the
>> color of the I beam or use another cursor shape like an arrow or something?
> Mintty uses the system's "Text Select" cursor, as also used for
> example in text editors. This can be changed on the 'Pointers' tab of
> the 'Mouse' control panel. Various different shapes and sizes are
> available there.
>
> Andy
Cool, I'll have to check that out. Still seems like it should be
independently configurable.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If it's a hobby to us and a job to you, why are you doing such a shoddy

* Re: mintty and mouse cursor
@ 2011-06-07  5:48     ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2011-06-07  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2 June 2011 04:07, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> On 06/01/11 11:28, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> On 1 June 2011 16:50, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there any way to set the mouse pointer in mintty to be more noticeable
>>> than the skinny I beam cursor in a non-contracting color? Can I set the
>>> color of the I beam or use another cursor shape like an arrow or
>>> something?
>>
>> Mintty uses the system's "Text Select" cursor, as also used for
>> example in text editors. This can be changed on the 'Pointers' tab of
>> the 'Mouse' control panel. Various different shapes and sizes are
>> available there.
>
> Cool, I'll have to check that out. Still seems like it should be
> independently configurable.

GNOME Terminal and KDE Konsole use the same approach of relying on a
desktop-wide setting, hence I think that's appropriate for the
"Windows Desktop Environment" terminal too. Any excuse to avoid yet
another option. ;)

Andy

* Re: mintty and mouse cursor
@ 2011-06-07  7:14       ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2011-06-07  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 06/06/11 22:48, Andy Koppe wrote:
> GNOME Terminal and KDE Konsole use the same approach of relying on a
> desktop-wide setting, hence I think that's appropriate for the
> "Windows Desktop Environment" terminal too. Any excuse to avoid yet
> another option. ;)
Indeed. Though options are nice!
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.