* 1.7.7: problem installing cmake (Seven)
@ 2011-01-28 11:43 franck.bonin
From: franck.bonin @ 2011-01-28 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

From a clean OS (seven), installing *only* cmake using following command :
    C:\cygwin>setup.exe -q -P cmake -s
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin
leads to an error message, complaining about a missing "cygidn-11.dll" when I
try to launch cmake. I tried other mirror without success.

But Completing the installation with
    C:\cygwin>setup.exe -q -C Python -s
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin
solve this issue.

I thing there is a missing dependency from cmake package (cmake 2.8.2-1)

Regards,

Franck Bonin

* Re: 1.7.7: problem installing cmake (Seven)
@ 2011-07-19 13:45 ` Wilfried Fauvel
From: Wilfried Fauvel @ 2011-07-19 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 <franck.bonin <at> free.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> From a clean OS (seven), installing *only* cmake using following command :
>     C:\cygwin>setup.exe -q -P cmake -s
> ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin
> leads to an error message, complaining about a missing "cygidn-11.dll" when I
> try to launch cmake. I tried other mirror without success.
>
> But Completing the installation with
>     C:\cygwin>setup.exe -q -C Python -s
> ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin
> solve this issue.
>
> I thing there is a missing dependency from cmake package (cmake 2.8.2-1)
>
> Regards,
>
> Franck Bonin

Hi,

I have the same issue here,
to fix it I just installed the libidn package.
It looks like a missing dependency to me too.

Wilfried.

* Re: 1.7.7: problem installing cmake (Seven)
@ 2011-10-27  5:50 ` Mitchel Craun
From: Mitchel Craun @ 2011-10-27  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to use cmake (I believe it installed correctly) to install another
program.
I am running windows 7 and am using cygwin to accomplish this.
When I try and use cmake I get the same missing "cygidn-11.dll" error.
From what I have seen here I need "the libidn package".
After googleing this it seems that this is for ubuntu.

What should I do if I am running only windows 7?

* Re: 1.7.7: problem installing cmake (Seven)
@ 2011-10-27  6:11   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2011-10-27  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/27/2011 7:47 AM, Mitchel Craun wrote:
> I am trying to use cmake (I believe it installed correctly) to install another
> program.
> I am running windows 7 and am using cygwin to accomplish this.
> When I try and use cmake I get the same missing "cygidn-11.dll" error.
>  From what I have seen here I need "the libidn package".
> After googleing this it seems that this is for ubuntu.
>
> What should I do if I am running only windows 7?
>

> --

use the search Luke

http://cygwin.com/packages/

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cygidn-11.dll

libidn11-1.18-1 is the last version of the package available for
cygwin

Regards
Marco

* Re: 1.7.7: problem installing cmake (Seven)
@ 2011-10-29  1:18     ` Mitchel Craun
From: Mitchel Craun @ 2011-10-29  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/27/2011 7:47 AM, Mitchel Craun wrote:
> > I am trying to use cmake (I believe it installed correctly) to install
another
> > program.
> > I am running windows 7 and am using cygwin to accomplish this.
> > When I try and use cmake I get the same missing "cygidn-11.dll" error.
> >  From what I have seen here I need "the libidn package".
> > After googleing this it seems that this is for ubuntu.
> >
> > What should I do if I am running only windows 7?
> >

> > --
>
> use the search Luke
>
> http://cygwin.com/packages/
>
> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cygidn-11.dll
>
> libidn11-1.18-1 is the last version of the package available for
> cygwin
>
> Regards
> Marco

Thanks, that solved THAT problem.  I was trying to use cmake because I am
running on a windows machine, but now I get another error when I try to run
make.

src/nvec_ser/CMakeFiles/sundials_nvecserial_shared_dir/build.make:53: *** target
pattern contains no `%'. stop.

make[1]: *** [src/nvec_ser/CMakeFiles/sundials_nvecserial_shared.dir/all] Error
2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I since this is a different error I will post it on another thread as well.
Thanks for the help.  I am one step further.