* Cygwin site aesthetic error?
@ 2012-07-22 22:05 Andy
From: Andy @ 2012-07-22 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Visited http://www.cygwin.com.  The navigation pane along the left shows white
text on cyan background for both FF & IE.  I checked my flat-panel display at
http://www.ledr.com/colours/multi.htm and it doesn't seem to be the problem.  I
don't recall the site being coloured in such a hard-to-read manner.  Anyone else
finding this?

* Re: Cygwin site aesthetic error?
@ 2012-07-22 22:31 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2012-07-22 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Andy wrote:
> Visited http://www.cygwin.com.  The navigation pane along the left shows white
> text on cyan background for both FF & IE.  I checked my flat-panel display at
> http://www.ledr.com/colours/multi.htm and it doesn't seem to be the problem.  I
> don't recall the site being coloured in such a hard-to-read manner.  Anyone else
> finding this?

I don't see an issue in IE or Chrome.  You might try clearing the
cached browser data.

--
Earnie

* Re: Cygwin site aesthetic error?
@ 2012-07-22 23:17   ` Andy
From: Andy @ 2012-07-22 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Earnie Boyd <earnie <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Andy wrote:
>> Visited http://www.cygwin.com.  The navigation pane along the left
>> shows white text on cyan background for both FF & IE.
>
> I don't see an issue in IE or Chrome.  You might try clearing the
> cached browser data.

Very odd.  I just resumed from hibernation, and the background colour
of the navigation panel is no longer cyan, it's a kind of gray-blue.
Does not bode well.  It probably means ye *new* laptop is suffering
from heat issues of some kind.

Thanks for chiming in though.