* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mesa-10.6.5-1
@ 2015-08-23 19:24 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-08-23 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:

* dri-drivers-10.6.5-1
* libEGL1-10.6.5-1
* libEGL-devel-10.6.5-1
* libGL1-10.6.5-1
* libGL-devel-10.6.5-1
* libGLESv2_2-10.6.5-1
* libGLESv2-devel-10.6.5-1
* libglapi0-10.6.5-1
* libOSMesa8-10.6.5-1
* libOSMesa-devel-10.6.5-1
* windowsdriproto-10.6.5-1

Mesa is an open-source implementation of the OpenGL, EGL, and OpenGL ES
specifications for rendering interactive 3D graphics.

This is an update to the latest upstream stable release:

http://mesa3d.org/relnotes/10.6.5.html

Complete documentation on OpenGL usage and configuration can be found
here:

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-aiglx.html

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mesa-10.6.5-1
@ 2015-08-23 20:45 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-23 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> This is an update to the latest upstream stable release:
>
> http://mesa3d.org/relnotes/10.6.5.html

Mesa 10.6 removed some internal API that was used by perl-OpenGL (which
is in cygwinports and needed by perl-PDL).  The module doesn't load
anymore after the MESA update due to this incompatibility.  There's an
experimental version of perl-OpenGL that takes care of the compilation
errors and Fedora patches to do the same thing (don't use the API fix
from Fedora, it's apparently incomplete) plus fixing two other unrelated
problems.  That gets you to something that compiles and loads, but the
tests are still crashing on Cygwin when the OpenGL window is opened.  I
haven't had time to look any deeper.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mesa-10.6.5-1
@ 2015-08-25 21:12   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-08-25 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, 2015-08-23 at 22:45 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Mesa 10.6 removed some internal API that was used by perl-OpenGL (which
> is in cygwinports and needed by perl-PDL).  The module doesn't load
> anymore after the MESA update due to this incompatibility.  There's an
> experimental version of perl-OpenGL that takes care of the compilation
> errors and Fedora patches to do the same thing (don't use the API fix
> from Fedora, it's apparently incomplete) plus fixing two other unrelated
> problems.  That gets you to something that compiles and loads, but the
> tests are still crashing on Cygwin when the OpenGL window is opened.  I
> haven't had time to look any deeper.

Thanks, I have uploaded 0.6704-2 to Ports which should fix this.

--

@ 2015-08-26  8:58     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-26  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Thanks, I have uploaded 0.6704-2 to Ports which should fix this.

Thanks, it is.

There's still problems with 0.6704_01 depending on what you do with dist=...
and which architecture you are on (crash, runaway memory usage or duplicate
definitions).  I can't look at this now, but since 0.6704 now works I'll
have to postpone it.

Regards,
Achim.