* new cygwin setup, great!
@ 2002-03-19 19:39 dave
From: dave @ 2002-03-19 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,
    I just installed the latest cygwin using the new setup program and from
an accessability standpoint it's great, all the graphics and icons have a
textual description or the plus signs are signs not bmp files.
    My problem is i still can't run it, if anyone is using it on win2k what
program do you have opening the cygwin batch file?
Thanks.
Dave.

* Re: new cygwin setup, great!
@ 2002-03-20  1:37 ` Pavel Tsekov
From: Pavel Tsekov @ 2002-03-20  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dave; +Cc: cygwin

Hello dave,

Wednesday, March 20, 2002, 4:13:20 AM, you wrote:

d> Hello,
d>     I just installed the latest cygwin using the new setup program and from
d> an accessability standpoint it's great, all the graphics and icons have a
d> textual description or the plus signs are signs not bmp files.
d>     My problem is i still can't run it, if anyone is using it on win2k what
d> program do you have opening the cygwin batch file?

Do you have the bash package installed ? all cygwin.bat does is start
a bash shell (bash.exe).

* Re: new cygwin setup, great!
@ 2002-03-20  7:28   ` dave
From: dave @ 2002-03-20  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Tsekov

Hi,
    Yes i do have bash installed.
Dave.

> Wednesday, March 20, 2002, 4:13:20 AM, you wrote:
>
> d> Hello,
> d>     I just installed the latest cygwin using the new setup program and
from
> d> an accessability standpoint it's great, all the graphics and icons have
> d> textual description or the plus signs are signs not bmp files.
> d>     My problem is i still can't run it, if anyone is using it on win2k
what
> d> program do you have opening the cygwin batch file?
>
> Do you have the bash package installed ? all cygwin.bat does is start
> a bash shell (bash.exe).

* Re: new cygwin setup, great!
@ 2002-03-20  7:47     ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2002-03-20  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dave; +Cc: Pavel Tsekov

/ "dave" <dmehler@siscom.net> wrote:
| Hi,
|     Yes i do have bash installed.

Where what and how is bash installed??

So what is your definition of 'run it', what do you do to try to run
it, and what happens then??

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!