* xdg menu glitch
@ 2016-05-27 15:00 Franz Fehringer
From: Franz Fehringer @ 2016-05-27 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear Cygwin community,

With xdg menu i observe a small glitch, namely german umlauts are not
displayed correctly but rather their two byte representations are shown.
The xdg menu ist started when i launch the X11 (XWin) server and shows
up as a small icon at the lower right next to the X11 icon.
I tried both de_DE and de_DE.utf8 for both LC_ALL and
.config/user-dirs.locale without any difference.
Is this an error or am i missing some configuration piece?

Thanks and best regards

Franz

* Re: xdg menu glitch
@ 2016-06-03 11:22 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-06-03 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Franz Fehringer, cygwin

On 27/05/2016 07:17, Franz Fehringer wrote:
> With xdg menu i observe a small glitch, namely german umlauts are not
> displayed correctly but rather their two byte representations are shown.
> The xdg menu ist started when i launch the X11 (XWin) server and shows
> up as a small icon at the lower right next to the X11 icon.
> I tried both de_DE and de_DE.utf8 for both LC_ALL and
> .config/user-dirs.locale without any difference.
> Is this an error or am i missing some configuration piece?

Thanks for reporting this.

This is an error, and xwin-xdg-menu wasn't correctly handling non-ascii
characters in the localized menu text.

I've uploaded today an updated xwin-xdg-menu-20160601-1 package, which
should fix this.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer