* which does not find batch files
@ 2016-09-17 10:42 Thorsten Kampe
From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2016-09-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

while the Cygwin shell (bash and zsh) can find and execute batch
files (extension bat and cmd) the external and internal which command
cannot. Is there a way around this?

Thorsten

* Re: which does not find batch files
@ 2016-09-17 14:40 ` Thorsten Kampe
From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2016-09-17 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Thorsten Kampe (Sat, 17 Sep 2016 12:29:18 +0200)
> while the Cygwin shell (bash and zsh) can find and execute batch
> files (extension bat and cmd) the external and internal which command
> cannot. Is there a way around this?

On further inspection, it seems as the cause is that the batch files
are located on an exFAT thumb drive. Still I wonder if it's possible
to make which recognize these batch files as executable.

Thorsten