* [ANNOUNCEMENT] screen 4.6.2-1
@ 2017-10-24 11:39 Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-10-24 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

screen 4.6.2-1 is now available in Cygwin. This is an upstream bug fix release.
The release announcement says the release includes:

  * Fixes:
	- revert changes to cursor position restore behavour (bug #51832)
	- set freed pointer to NULL (bug #52133)
	- documentation fixes
	- fix windowlist crashes (bug #43054 & #51500)

See the git log http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=v.4.6.2 for a
full list.

screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a physical terminal
between several processes, typically interactive shells. Each virtual terminal
provides the functions of the DEC VT100 terminal and, in addition, several
control functions from the ANSI X3.64 (ISO 6429) and ISO 2022 standards (e.g.,
insert/delete line and support for multiple character sets). There is a
scrollback history buffer for each virtual terminal and a copy-and-paste
mechanism that allows the user to move text regions between windows. When screen
is called, it creates a single window with a shell in it (or the specified
command) and then gets out of your way so that you can use the program as you
normally would. Then, at any time, you can create new (full-screen) windows with
other programs in them (including more shells), kill the current window, view a
list of the active windows, turn output logging on and off, copy text between
windows, view the scrollback history, switch between windows, etc. All windows
run their programs completely independent of each other. Programs continue to
run when their window is currently not visible and even when the whole screen
session is detached from the user's terminal.

Andrew E. Schulman

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain.com_at_cygwin.com

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] screen 4.6.2-1
@ 2017-10-25 10:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2017-10-25 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Schulman, cygwin

Greetings, Andrew Schulman!

Still hangs http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00448.html mid:16810313565.20170527142723@yandex.ru

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] screen 4.6.2-1
@ 2017-10-25 13:12   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-10-25 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Greetings, Andrew Schulman!
>
> > screen 4.6.2-1 is now available in Cygwin. This is an upstream bug fix release.
> > The release announcement says the release includes:
>
> >   * Fixes:
> >         - revert changes to cursor position restore behavour (bug #51832)
> >         - set freed pointer to NULL (bug #52133)
> >         - documentation fixes
> >         - fix windowlist crashes (bug #43054 & #51500)
>
> > See the git log http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=v.4.6.2 for a
> > full list.
>
> Still hangs http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00448.html mid:16810313565.20170527142723@yandex.ru

OK. I know the problem is still there - I haven't forgotten. But I don't
have any ideas yet about why.

Dan's reply to your message[1] has a start on debugging the problem.

Andrew

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00450.html

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] screen 4.6.2-1
@ 2017-10-26 15:20     ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2017-10-26 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Schulman, cygwin

Greetings, Andrew Schulman!

>> > screen 4.6.2-1 is now available in Cygwin. This is an upstream bug fix release.
>> > The release announcement says the release includes:
>>
>> >   * Fixes:
>> >         - revert changes to cursor position restore behavour (bug #51832)
>> >         - set freed pointer to NULL (bug #52133)
>> >         - documentation fixes
>> >         - fix windowlist crashes (bug #43054 & #51500)
>>
>> > See the git log http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=v.4.6.2 for a
>> > full list.
>>
>> Still hangs http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00448.html mid:16810313565.20170527142723@yandex.ru

> OK. I know the problem is still there - I haven't forgotten. But I don't
> have any ideas yet about why.

Sorry if that felt bothering, I didn't mean that.

> Dan's reply to your message[1] has a start on debugging the problem.

> Andrew

> [1] https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00450.html

I apparently missed this message.
As I'm not into C programming myself, I'll patiently await somebody with skill
and knowledge to attend to the issue.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

@ 2017-10-26 15:48       ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-10-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Greetings, Andrew Schulman!

> >> Still hangs http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00448.html mid:16810313565.20170527142723@yandex.ru
>
> > OK. I know the problem is still there - I haven't forgotten. But I don't
> > have any ideas yet about why.
>
> Sorry if that felt bothering, I didn't mean that.

Not at all, no bother. It's appropriate to remind maintainers sometimes of
problems that haven't been solved.

> > Dan's reply to your message[1] has a start on debugging the problem.
>
> > Andrew
>
> > [1] https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-05/msg00450.html
>
> I apparently missed this message.
> As I'm not into C programming myself, I'll patiently await somebody with skill
> and knowledge to attend to the issue.

I'm a little better off, but it would take me a while to work through the
debugging. I'd also be happy if someone else figured it out.

Andrew