* Adjust the default font size from the server side
@ 2020-05-02 10:14 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2020-05-02 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I run "ssh -Y " connections from cygwin xfree to the same server from
two separate laptops.

I run a script that starts GNU Emacs and eclipse IDE on th server,
displaying on the laptop.

One of the laptops has a fairly low screen resolution (1366x768), the
other has a fairly high resolution (1920x1080).

Is it possible to set the default font sizes for each application on the
server side so that the applications look good on both laptops (right
now the text is so small that it is hard to read on the 1920x1080
display).

Thanks!

- Steinar

* Re: Adjust the default font size from the server side
@ 2020-05-02 10:33 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2020-05-02 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Is it possible to set the default font sizes for each application on
> the server side so that the applications look good on both laptops
> (right now the text is so small that it is hard to read on the
> 1920x1080 display).

Turns out emacs was easy to fix.

I removed a line from my ancient (not really changed since 2004 (a
little bit changed in 2011 for an application I don't use anymore), and
with history going back to the late 80-ies, early 90-ies) .Xdefaults
file on the server side:
 Emacs*Font:                -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1

But eclipse will probably be a harder nut to crack.