public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* pdf image and page number problems
@ 2001-07-27  9:53 Jennifer Teig von Hoffman
From: Jennifer Teig von Hoffman @ 2001-07-27  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hello all,

I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to post this question; if
I'm out of order, please point me in the right direction.

I'm having two problems with rendering PDF using docbook2pdf and DocBook
3.1 ( !DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN").

1) In some of my documents, the page numbers for each chapter re-start at
1. The first page of chapter 1 is page 1, as is the first page of chapter
2, 3, etc. I am not forcing renumbering anywhere, and all my chapters and
sections have unique IDs.

2) Images are not showing up at all. Here's a sample of my code:

	<mediaobject>
	<imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="pics/intropic.eps" format="eps">
	</imageobject>
	<imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="pics/intropic.gif" format="gif">
	</imageobject>
	<imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="pics/intropic.jpg" format="jpg">
	</imageobject>
	</mediaobject>

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Jennifer Teig von Hoffman
Senior Analyst/Consultant
Office of Information Technology
Boston University
111 Cummington Street
Boston, MA 02215
jtvh@bu.edu

* Re: pdf image and page number problems
@ 2001-07-27 19:55 ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2001-07-27 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jennifer Teig von Hoffman, docbook-tools-discuss